Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: I am getting married

Poster BT Rep: +2
    I feel its time to settle down in life, I am getting married in March 2017

About me: Dont have a stable job. irresponsible . little money ( huge education loan), Finished my Graduation. my past has been like i am either an underachiever or overachiever. Started working in a start up for 6 months for little salary. I am Tall, i look young. I am good looking (Atleast above average). All my friends are married.

About the gal: Average looking ,Over weight , short. Has a stable well paid job ,successful , very supportive of me, Intelligent gal , caring . She has a stable past.

I had a lot of tots in my head if i should marry a pretty gal, or settle for an average gal .. I think this is right choice. May be i can do better may be i cant do better.I know we cant get everything in life. We have to compromise on something

I spoke to two people about this
    first one said personality is what matters in the long run dont worry too much about looks
    second guy said looks are important, That attraction is very important

What do you guys feel about this

"All that is gold does not glitter;all that is long does not last;All that is old does not wither; not all that is over is past..... "

2. The Drawing Room   -   #2
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    I feel like you should have made your mind up before you decided to get married.
    Last edited by Skiz; 12-02-2016 at 06:11 AM. Reason: Words

yo

3. The Drawing Room   -   #3
    Caballero's Avatar Hung Like A Horse
    Quote Originally Posted by stitched View Post
    I had a lot of tots in my head if i should marry a pretty gal, or settle for an average gal ..
    If you feel that you "settle" then I can guarantee you that it won't last.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #4
    Gribley's Avatar On a hate list
    You also can`t punctuate properly so I am going with under-achiever.

I got hitched to the much better (attractive wise) version and I`ve never really been happy for the last almost 20 years. I would suggest go with one that makes you happy and drop the negative shite. Focus on the right bits... and no not the boobs....

5. The Drawing Room   -   #5
    manker's Avatar effendi

About me: Dont have a stable job. irresponsible . little money ( huge education loan), Finished my Graduation. my past has been like i am either an underachiever or overachiever. Started working in a start up for 6 months for little salary. I am Tall, i look young. I am good looking (Atleast above average). All my friends are married.

About the gal: Average looking ,Over weight , short. Has a stable well paid job ,successful , very supportive of me, Intelligent gal , caring . She has a stable past.

I had a lot of tots in my head if i should marry a pretty gal, or settle for an average gal .. I think this is right choice. May be i can do better may be i cant do better.I know we cant get everything in life. We have to compromise on something

first one said personality is what matters in the long run dont worry too much about looks

Sounds to me like as if you're a bit of a spastic and are marrying this burd so that she can guide you through life and support you financially.
    This is an absolutely perfect scenario for a spastic to find him or herself in, as left unattended spastics tend to make a complete mess of their life.

I would think that you're over the moon that she hasn't wised up to the fact that you don't find her attractive and are just out for what you can get.
    Congratulations on the impending nuptials, here's hoping that you can continue the deceit for a decent time-span before she realises her horrible mistake.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #6
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by Gribley View Post
    You also can`t punctuate properly
    If I was you, fella, I'd learn the difference between an apostrophe and a grave accent before recommencing the punctuation pontificating.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #7
    Gribley's Avatar On a hate list
    Quote Originally Posted by manker View Post
    I would think that you're over the moon that she hasn't wised up to the fact that you don't find her attractive and are just out for what you can get
    There is a very valid point to consider

8. The Drawing Room   -   #8
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata

About me: ... irresponsible .
    I already got that much seeing as where you are searching for advice that will shape much of your future.

I had a lot of tots in my head ....
    Mary?
    Respect my lack of authority.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #9
    Poster BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by manker View Post
    Sounds to me like as if you're a bit of a spastic and are marrying this burd so that she can guide you through life and support you financially.
    This is an absolutely perfect scenario for a spastic to find him or herself in, as left unattended spastics tend to make a complete mess of their life.

I would think that you're over the moon that she hasn't wised up to the fact that you don't find her attractive and are just out for what you can get.
    Congratulations on the impending nuptials, here's hoping that you can continue the deceit for a decent time-span before she realises her horrible mistake.

I think it sums my situation. I am not marrying her for money. I think she is stable. I want that stability in my life. I treat her well and take good care of her.I feel she is happy with me

Quote Originally Posted by Caballero View Post
    I had a lot of tots in my head if i should marry a pretty gal, or settle for an average gal ..
    If you feel that you "settle" then I can guarantee you that it won't last.
    We all have to "settle" for better or worse. WHEN to "settle" is the only thing in our control.

Quote Originally Posted by Gribley View Post
    You also can`t punctuate properly so I am going with under-achiever.

I got hitched to the much better (attractive wise) version and I`ve never really been happy for the last almost 20 years. I would suggest go with one that makes you happy and drop the negative shite. Focus on the right bits... and no not the boobs....
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    I already got that much seeing as where you are searching for advice that will shape much of your future.

I had a lot of tots in my head ....
    Mary?
    Even before we ask someone for their opinion , the decision is already made in our head. I just want that validation that its the right decision.

I have posted in this forum for a very long time.its like a journal, I want look back at these posts once i grow old to remember what all thoughts i had

"All that is gold does not glitter;all that is long does not last;All that is old does not wither; not all that is over is past..... "

10. The Drawing Room   -   #10
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19

You have identified what she gives you, but you have not identified what you bring to the table. That should be your first step- until you have something to offer, you are doomed for failure. You have ot *want* to bring something to the table.

Stability is good. I needed that myself. If you can't give her something of lasting value, she will eventually wise up. Work on yourself, then see what you really want.
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast