Thread: Rarbg propers

What's up with all the PROPER releases by RARBG the last day or so? It's almost like they realized they made a small error encoding their releases and decided to redo every single one of them. I don't think they are needed.

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    It's a money grab as they get ad fees based on the number of downloads. As they allow total shite rips like say anything by Ion10, logic would conclude they suddenly decided to go the HDbits "perfection or nothing" route.

Btw I did a little digging and people who have downloaded both copies say that there are no apparent differences.
    Respect my lack of authority.

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    Caballero's Avatar Hung Like A Horse
    Unrelated except for the word "differences" -- I noticed that there's a pretty consistent difference of about 500 KB in files/shows I download from the newsgroups and getting the same files from one-click hosts (rapidgator, upload, etc). Are those hosts re-encoding/compressing everything that gets uploaded? Seems terribly inefficient...

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Caballero View Post
    Unrelated except for the word "differences" -- I noticed that there's a pretty consistent difference of about 500 KB in files/shows I download from the newsgroups and getting the same files from one-click hosts (rapidgator, upload, etc). Are those hosts re-encoding/compressing everything that gets uploaded? Seems terribly inefficient...
    Quite possible.

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    File hosts don't alter the uploads they receive (except to delete them for inactivity or takedown notices, heh). I think it's more likely that the uploader remuxed them beforehand to dodge hash blacklists.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    File hosts don't alter the uploads they receive (except to delete them for inactivity or takedown notices, heh). I think it's more likely that the uploader remuxed them beforehand to dodge hash blacklists.
    And they also sometimes add subtitles.