Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Kodi Stuff

JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    Hippie

2. Lounge   -   #22
    Biggles's Avatar Looking for loopholes
    Was watching the match this afternoon at a friend's house and encountered this Kodi of which you speak. We were supposed to be watching it on Sky but his dish got buggered by storm Conor so he did some witchcraft with Kodi and we watching the Merkin broadcast, which was fine although the constant reference to soccer was a bit odd.

Thought the Hoops a tad profligate with the chances but not a bad match.
    Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum

3. Lounge   -   #23

4. Lounge   -   #24
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    “Where they are directing their attention is on the people who sell these boxes loaded with software that lets you get around paying a subscription....That’s been the focus of the strategy and it’s a big, big, big issue.”

How could anyone possibly think that would "solve" the piracy issue?

yo

5. Lounge   -   #25
    What do the guys who host the Kodi streams from all these add-ons get out of it? Also, what kind of security (if any) does Kodi offer for people accessing these streams?

Certainly I would not be using my browser to go directly to any of these URLs directly (if apart from a generic streaming service name, I knew where they were actually going), yet people have no problem doing it through Kodi on Android, or even Windows.

Trying to understand more the inner-workings of how this file streaming alternative works and what hosters stand to gain.

Anyone really know?

6. Lounge   -   #26
    JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    I think it is essentially the ultimate in altruism.

People write the add-ons because they feel like it, then make them available to other people just for the craic.

It's like old school internetting.

7. Lounge   -   #27
    Stehle's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by JPaul View Post
    ...People write the add-ons because they feel like it... It's like old school internetting.
    Changed my life.
    Last edited by Stehle; 01-24-2017 at 06:34 PM. Reason: Old Schooler... 'nuff said.
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― Hunter S. Thompson

8. Lounge   -   #28
    Caballero's Avatar Hung Like A Horse
    "Exodus is one of the most-used Kodi addons out there, allowing users to obtain easy access to pirated movies and TV-shows. However, over the past week the same users were unwittingly part of a DDoS attack."

https://torrentfreak.com/popular-kod...botnet-170203/

9. Lounge   -   #29
    n00b
    Kodi is a fine addition to anyones media setup. After initial setup and periodic maintenance it runs itself and it is fairly stable.
    Combine it with Plex or JRiver as a server and it becomes your main media provider.

Nice

10. Lounge   -   #30
    Something Else's Avatar sex a wolf in a bag BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    Now go away.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast