Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Google site protection IDing Filesharingtalk as an unsafe site harboring phishing

turned my "Malicious Site Detection" off and it works again but I was a little startled by this. Kept me away for a little. Went there through my iPhone cause chances of infection are small on an iPhone and saw the forum post about this. But if you can't get to the forum to see what this is, then you will stay away. If I had accesses this with a PC then I would have stayed away for sure.
    No idea what you can do about this but this is not good.
    And thanks Caballero for all you do. Don't know if people appreciate this enough. I do.

2. Everything Related to the Board   -   #12
    Quote Originally Posted by banyon View Post
    if you can't get to the forum to see what this is, then you will stay away. If I had accesses this with a PC then I would have stayed away for sure.
    True, and that's what I'm afraid will happen with many other people.

RealitY hasn't replied to my e-mail so far.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

3. Everything Related to the Board   -   #13
    Poster
    Wow, Google actually sent a pop-up this time asking if there were any sites that they were incorrectly identifying as involving Phishing or malware.
    I entered filesharingtalk.com and offered that this user has been accessing it safely for a half decade or more.
    I hope that didn't put me on some future list for a demand service or a no-knock intrusion!
    With this bingo coming to the white house, anything's possible.

4. Everything Related to the Board   -   #14
    Quote Originally Posted by wtj View Post
    Wow, Google actually sent a pop-up this time asking if there were any sites that they were incorrectly identifying as involving Phishing or malware.
    I entered filesharingtalk.com and offered that this user has been accessing it safely for a half decade or more.
    I hope that didn't put me on some future list for a demand service or a no-knock intrusion!
    With this bingo coming to the white house, anything's possible.
    Please stay where you are while the Google Street View car arrives to take you to Guantánamo

RealitY answered, he says a bit of the code for Yahoo's YUI library (used for some site features) is triggering this problem, and it's being worked on.

5. Everything Related to the Board   -   #15
    weenden's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    they bugged me too but yet here i am
    im just a frigen dreamer and im waiting for them to come true ....trust(trst)n. 1. Firm reliance on the integrity, ability, or character of a person or thing.
    2. Custody; care.
    3. Something committed into the care of another; charge.
    4. a. The condition and resulting obligation of having confidence placed in one.
    b. One in which confidence is placed.
    "and Yes people have put trust in me""and i thank you all"

6. Everything Related to the Board   -   #16
    If I look at the details in Chrome, it says "This page is insecure (broken HTTPS)."

7. Everything Related to the Board   -   #17
    Quote Originally Posted by sharaday View Post
    If I look at the details in Chrome, it says "This page is insecure (broken HTTPS)."
    But we don't have HTTPS at all

8. Everything Related to the Board   -   #18
    Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sharaday View Post
    But we don't have HTTPS at all
    Hence, thus, therefore: https://nakedsecurity.sophos.com/201...n-https-sites/ ?

Google is punishing all non-HTTPS sites...although it's not supposed to start until January. But I also get the warning in Firefox with DDG as my search engine, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

9. Everything Related to the Board   -   #19
    Gribley's Avatar On a hate list
    Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    Just turn off "malicious site detection" in your browser(s)
    Just for added info in Chrome that is in settings, show advanced and un-tick "protect you and your device from dangerous sites".

Or you can just expand the warning page and click continue to site anyway thing at the bottom

10. Everything Related to the Board   -   #20
    Quote Originally Posted by brap View Post
    Hence, thus, therefore: https://nakedsecurity.sophos.com/201...n-https-sites/ ?

Google is punishing all non-HTTPS sites...although it's not supposed to start until January.
    I guess that's fair... not everything requires encryption, but "if you want a kitty ask for a horse" or something like that.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast