Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spyware Blaster

Heyas All- I was on www.webattack.com and came across a freeware app called SpyWare Blaster, in their section of spyware programs.

It claims to stop the code that installs them in IE, rather than actually scanning for them on the system. Kind of a "stop them before they infect you" kind of thing.

So I DL'd it, and figured I'd try it out. I've got it installed now, and was wondering if anybody else is using it, or if others would wanna try it out, and give ratings on how well it works...or even if it don't work at all.

THANKS!

DW

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    zapjb's Avatar Computer Abuser BT Rep: +3
    I use it. I'd say 9/10.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    It also runs of off of Spybot Search and Destroy when you click Immunize. Good prog.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Yes good catch Busyman.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    9/10, however it does nothing special.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Poster
    I would rate it 10/10, Ive been using it for a few months now, I would always get those tracking cookies, and since I installed it, I dont have them anymore, I check with Ad-Aware and Spybot

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Cool, it's sounding good so far. Last night I hit a site that I KNOW has a homepage hijacker written into it. After the page finished loading, I opened a new window, and it was still "about:Blank" even after I'd watched the "Loading java applet" go across my status screen in IE.

DW

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Poster
    so should i deleat spybot search and destroy or keep both spyblast and s&d?

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Keep both.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Originally posted by Jordank87@11 November 2003 - 06:48
    so should i deleat spybot search and destroy or keep both spyblast and s&d?
    definitely. keep both. Spyware prevention is just like virus prevention...or even safe sex. the more precautions that you take, the better off you are.

I DID run into a problem with it this morning tho. Because it blocks java, I wasnt able to pull up a map that was from a java window. the window would open, but the page itself wouldnt load. I had to open the blaster, unprotect, reload the page with the map, and then re-enable the blaster protection. No big deal, just made the process a bit longer than normal.

That's like my "safe sex" anology from earlier tho. A condom makes you take a minute to put it on, but it's better than catching something that you dont wanna catch. (Doesnt feel as good as skin to skin either, but that's not relevant to this..... )

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast