Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Best Android game

IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    About everything or just mobile gaming?
    Respect my lack of authority.

2. Lounge   -   #32
    nQQ's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Gribley View Post
    Back to topic, pong. Best game ever, so there, even on Android devices if you hook a paddle controller from your binatone (hell yes I had one and a top-loader VHS with remote, it was remote via a cable in them days).

Back to me rockin` chair now... carry on
    Take three mobiles, load pong on one and use the others as controllers. Done. Wasn't a version of Pong promoted on Nintendo Switch - just goes to show new games are just rehashed versions of old ones and everything has been done before.

I remember my orange and black binatone with its two paddle controllers, connecting it up to the TV aerial socket and having to tune a channel in before being able to play. The TV had a dial, no preset buttons.

3. Lounge   -   #33
    Yeah, I remember when TVs didn't have remote controls. Turning a dial to change the channel. Adjusting antennas to get a clearer picture. I had fun playing on my Intellivision before Atari 2600/5200.

4. Lounge   -   #34
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    I use to play ping pong back in the days before 'lectricity.

Course sometimes you had to fight a bear to get the ball back.
    Respect my lack of authority.

5. Lounge   -   #35
    nQQ's Avatar Poster
    pubg

6. Lounge   -   #36
    nQQ's Avatar Poster
    as I am a strat gamer, tried the new Civ but AI very weak - gone for xcom, seems to be better

7. Lounge   -   #37
    now a time PUBG is a most famous and playing game

8. Lounge   -   #38
    Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    Remember that most of these games data mine the shit out of you, so don't grant them any permissions they don't need. Android 6.0 and above allow toggling them individually and on a per-app basis; there are workarounds for older versions.

Also, WhatsApp contains deliberately obfuscated code whose function no one knows, the Facebook app taps your microphone in search for "sensitive keywords" to show you targeted advertisements, and free VPNs capture your traffic to do the very same, in addition to being full of vulnerabilities.

Thanks and be safe.
    Agreed. The new trend of "Data Science" it's more like "how can we gather for free the users behavior, in order to predict what s/he must see". I read a book called The Filter Bubble, and it talked about how the online information gets to you. Very intriguing.
    Once I had a game that asked for permission on my google drive. Insane how ppl don't pay attention to this.

9. Lounge   -   #39
    nQQ's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by laro_ye View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    Remember that most of these games data mine the shit out of you, so don't grant them any permissions they don't need. Android 6.0 and above allow toggling them individually and on a per-app basis; there are workarounds for older versions.

Also, WhatsApp contains deliberately obfuscated code whose function no one knows, the Facebook app taps your microphone in search for "sensitive keywords" to show you targeted advertisements, and free VPNs capture your traffic to do the very same, in addition to being full of vulnerabilities.

Thanks and be safe.
    Agreed. The new trend of "Data Science" it's more like "how can we gather for free the users behavior, in order to predict what s/he must see". I read a book called The Filter Bubble, and it talked about how the online information gets to you. Very intriguing.
    Once I had a game that asked for permission on my google drive. Insane how ppl don't pay attention to this.
    install with no permissions and if its not working enable what you are comfortable with until it works.

A lot of games wtc use off the shelf libraries that ask for all kinds of permissions that are not needed for that app but because the library had a whole variety of functions. This is less an issue now.

Lots of people are willing to give their data away in exchange for a free app, they don't see the value or concerns in it. The idea all the text messages they send are being uploaded, scanned to target adverts, archived and then distributed to advertisers to better test future algorithms on can be met with "they are welcome to it there is nothing I say I'm trying to hide". I suppose in five years time when its been used to filter out candidates for job interviews or part of the explanation why their employment is been terminated as part of a company security risk sweep they may think differently - and the defense of "yes but it had a LOL on the end!" won't cut it.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234