Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Best 2017 movie that everyone talks about

IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Biased means I'm from Biafra, right?

The trouble with language is there are just too many words.
    Last edited by IdolEyes787; 09-27-2017 at 06:46 PM.
    Respect my lack of authority.

2. Movies & TV   -   #22
    shaina's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Biased means I'm from Biafra, right?
    The trouble with language is there are just too many words.

3. Movies & TV   -   #23
    Wonder Woman , Ghost in the shell

4. Movies & TV   -   #24
    Logan!

5. Movies & TV   -   #25
    Stehle's Avatar Poster
    For anyone who has previously read and liked the book, It (the movie) is impossible to view objectively.

In my biased opinion, OK movie but many of the best parts are left out or altered for the worst. Also would definitely play better like in the novel and previous adaption, bouncing back and forth in time.
    I knew Ol' SK would get ya. Pssst.... Try "Gerald's Game" Netflix or Usenet or "Mr. Mercedes" Audience TV Channel or Usenet (Streaming on Kodi Box best pick...
    The Pyramid: "Catch Up TV")

(Yes, I'm still alive.)

Got the new father / son collaboration "Sleeping Beauties", but have not listened to the audio book yet.

BTW... "Dark Tower" sucked donkey balls.

Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post

Whaaaaat?!?! Idol with a biased opinion? Certainly a sign of Armageddon....
    Pssst.... Is It Safe yet? .... Try "Gerald's Game" Netflix or Usenet or "Mr. Mercedes" Audience TV Channel or Usenet (Streaming on Kodi Box best pick...
    The Pyramid: "Catch Up TV")

(Yes, I'm still alive... barely.)

Meg, let me know if you want the "Sleeping Beauties" audio book.
    Last edited by Stehle; 10-10-2017 at 05:26 PM. Reason: 'nuff said.
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― Hunter S. Thompson

6. Movies & TV   -   #26
    I think "IT" for stephen King is one of the most intresting movie this year, because it's a remake from some old tv shows that every one have seen and seen, and it's done in a way that you are kickback in your childhood. I took a great pleasure to watch it on a big screen, may be not the movie of the year, but surely a good time ...

7. Movies & TV   -   #27
    You should watch The Lobster by Lanthimos. And if tou enjoy it, try his other movies, it's definitely different!

8. Movies & TV   -   #28
    I have to say "Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri" is the best 2017 movie I've seen so far. Going to check out "The Shape of Water" soon. Seems like "Logan" will be worthwhile and even "Wonder Woman".

9. Movies & TV   -   #29
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    If Three Billboards wasn't hyped for an award, nobody would see it-- and definitely not be talking about it. Mediocre film at best.

Shape of Water is a dark remake of Splash. Nearly an exact plot line.
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

10. Movies & TV   -   #30
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    If Three Billboards wasn't hyped for an award, nobody would see it-- and definitely not be talking about it. Mediocre film at best.

Shape of Water is a dark remake of Splash. Nearly an exact plot line.
    I didn't think Three Billboards was the greatest movie ever (just best 2017 movie I saw). That doesn't say much for the movie industry. But I also haven't watched many of the top rated movies for 2017. I normally like to wait for a quality 1080p copy for first viewing (DVDSCR being an exception).

I don't follow hype for movies or TV shows. I like to watch it without any preconceived notion of how good or bad it is. I don't watch commercials, the "news", or pay attention to IMDB's main page, or any other advertising, so I don't see or hear the hype. I have watched many movies/tv shows in the past that got terrible reviews that I ended up liking very much (maybe I have bad taste). But then everybody's view of a good movie/tv show can/will be different. Normally if you have to pump something up a lot, it's usually not that good. I grew up in the 80's watching a lot of bad movies with small budgets. Many of those movies are still better than the crap that is put out today with much higher budgets.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast