Thread: What is nzb

So guys what is this nzb that everyone is talking about? I am new in here and dont know much. So it would be great too make new friends and share things

2. Newsgroups   -   #2
    Gribley's Avatar On a hate list
    With the right client (I am a newsbin fan) it will load the index file (aka NZB) which contains all the articles that make up a particular download. It is just a header file for the many bits that make up a post.

If you understand how newsgroups work you`ll know that a single file (say a video of cats) is made up of many many separate posts(articles) that need to be re-assembled on the client end.... it used to be a pain in the arse but now it as as easy as torrents but a lot faster and you don`t have to seed anything.

Download newsbin (I think the free license thing still works if you find the thread) or whatever client you like and try a download using free-usenet (it will be a bit slow on the free version) and you`ll at least get the idea if you want to go that route.

3. Newsgroups   -   #3
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

4. Newsgroups   -   #4
    It would of been quicker to Google it - rather than expect other people to give you an explanation

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=what+is+a+nzb

5. Newsgroups   -   #5
    That was a good explanation because my first question was about the auto vs user indexed nzbs. I assume that the files with weird names, but resolve to something that is a show or movie or something are user indexed

6. Newsgroups   -   #6
    Not an easy thing to explain. Especially everything needed to get it working correctly and all the frequent changes and indexers going down lately