Thread: ExtraTorrent is back

Hi
    According to https://eztv.ag/ ExtraTorrent is revived under different domain - https://extratorrent.ag/

I do understand it is not an original one, but it sounds very legit, isn't it?

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Quote Originally Posted by kanavsingh View Post
    Extratorrent is back up and live on extratorrent.ag
    Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    When Extratorrent shut down, their administrator said he'd deleted all of the site's data. Be wary of fake sites attempting to capitalize on a name's former glory and/or fish for passwords.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Quote Originally Posted by kanavsingh View Post
    Extratorrent is back up and live on extratorrent.ag
    Pardon me, I did not provide correct statement, I agree, my bad.

Extratorrent.ag is merely using Extratorrent interface, as it was one of the most convenient for its purpose, in my opinion. Since it was that good (interface) why "create bicycle" and not to use existing, proven model. Yes, it could be called copy cat, but is is not a fake site, as it is advertized on the legit eztv.ag (only, I think, correct me if I am wrong).

Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    when extratorrent shut down, their administrator said he'd deleted all of the site's data. Be wary of fake sites attempting to capitalize on a name's former glory and/or fish for passwords.
    Extratorrent.ag doesn't have Extratorrent backup, their database started from the moment of its creation, I tried to search for older torrents, but nothing was shown. I would say that they are capitalizing more on the interface usefulness, than on its glory (my opinion). And Extratorrent.ag is not pushing for registration, like many versions of fake Kickass copies.

P.S. English is my second language and I am trying to express my thoughts in the best possible way, but things happens.... I hope now I did provide more clear statement.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Quote Originally Posted by kisianik View Post
    Extratorrent.ag doesn't have Extratorrent backup, their database started from the moment of its creation, I tried to search for older torrents, but nothing was shown. I would say that they are capitalizing more on the interface usefulness, than on its glory (my opinion). And Extratorrent.ag is not pushing for registration, like many versions of fake Kickass copies.
    Let's call it a "spiritual successor" then
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    longtrimkl
    Oh good ExtraTorrent is back

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    very nice, im interested in this

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Stabber's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    Isnt it a fake site?