Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Most evil SoB in a filum or show

IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by Stehle View Post

@Idol "What is your opinion of the two new dudes on the latest reboot of "Strike Back: Retribution"?"

(Old theme... but even if they shortened it Is still addicting for me.)
    Only watched the first episode so my assessment is and this is something Meg can relate to, premature, but hard not to miss the easy chemistry of Stonebridge and Scott. Also and again only basing this on one episode but the new people seem to lack the combat authenticity of the previous duo. Then again it's probably like basically anything and it's hard not to pale when compared to the original. That's why I still worship the old gods. Hail Horus.

Btw Nice to see you're still breathing and hopefully doing something more interesting.
    Respect my lack of authority.

2. Movies & TV   -   #12
    Stehle's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Only watched the first episode so my assessment is and this is something Meg can relate to, premature, but hard not to miss the easy chemistry of Stonebridge and Scott. Also and again only basing this on one episode but the new people seem to lack the combat authenticity of the previous duo. Then again it's probably like basically anything and it's hard not to pale when compared to the original. That's why I still worship the old gods. Hail Horus.

Btw Nice to see you're still breathing and hopefully doing something more interesting.
    Actually... I'm only one episode up on you, but yes, the jury is still out on it. The first season with Richard Armitage as (Sgt. John Porter) made a switch decently, but the new one I hope gets better.

(Still doing the audio book thing... finally got a 4K/ROKU and a family members into* ...{ahem}... steaming boxes... which today is good because episode 3 of "Strike Back" the is gone from Frugal now.)

*So again everything is free & safe again like Meg.

EDIT: 3rd epi is streaming on there will watch tonight or tomorrow.
    Last edited by Stehle; 11-16-2017 at 07:09 PM. Reason: 'nuff said.
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― Hunter S. Thompson

3. Movies & TV   -   #13
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    I've recently acquired a job which involves mostly binging netflix. Should I dive into Strike Back? I remember you mentioning it quite a while ago, Idol, but thought you said something along the lines of [wasn't good after first season, or something...].

At this point, I suspect Idol spends most of his day on a bicycle muttering to a volleyball mounted to the front basket...
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

4. Movies & TV   -   #14
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    I've recently acquired a job which involves mostly binging netflix.
    This is iron-clad proof that the economical crisis is a complete fabrication
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

5. Movies & TV   -   #15
    Before he was apparently just interning.

Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    I've recently acquired a job which involves mostly binging netflix. Should I dive into Strike Back? I remember you mentioning it quite a while ago, Idol, but thought you said something along the lines of [wasn't good after first season, or something...].

At this point, I suspect Idol spends most of his day on a bicycle muttering to a volleyball mounted to the front basket...
    As I've always said, you have a memory like Jeff Sessions.

The first "season" of Strike Back is almost an entirely different show - darker and more realistic but less entertaining with a different lead . What would be deemed Strike Back proper is season 2-5. Season 5 is best avoided for the garbage it is and the season 6 reboot with a different cast doesn't seem to measure up.

As for the show itself it's sort of like Banshee as it's great at times ( ie sex, violence and fun) but doesn't entirely hold together plot-wise.

PS It will be a cold day in Hell when I have a basket on any bicycle.Next you be insulting me by suggesting I ride a recumbent.

6. Movies & TV   -   #16
    Stehle's Avatar Poster
    Meg, yes! It, as Idol sez it has explosions, guns and stuff... (a few gratuitous sex scenes.)... , but caution may be warranted with season 6*.

*I just ain't feeling the groove yet, but perhaps I am just being drawn to it's theme song.

(Okay, it's some what better than some of the schmaltz like (Seals, The Brave, etc.) on commercial channels and it IS SAFE.)
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― Hunter S. Thompson

7. Movies & TV   -   #17
    Meg, yes! It, as Idol sez it has explosions
    'Splosions.

8. Movies & TV   -   #18
    shaina's Avatar Poster
    PS It will be a cold day in Hell when I have a basket on any bicycle.Next you be insulting me by suggesting I ride a recumbent.

Attachment 178527

9. Movies & TV   -   #19
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Cool! I will dive in on my next shift-- which is tomorrow night.
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

10. Movies & TV   -   #20
    Stehle's Avatar Poster
    Meg, yes! It, as Idol sez it has explosions
    'Splosions.
    You KNOW I tried to type it that way! ...but I wasn't sure it I was exact.
    Last edited by Stehle; 11-17-2017 at 04:52 PM. Reason: 'nuff said.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast