Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Few Uploads

I've found out something intresting.
    I've cleaned my shared folders of thousands of stupid tiny html files I've forgotten, and now uploads are much more frequent. I always have all 4 upload slots used.
    So what does this mean ? If someone shares thousands of file most of which useless, the sharinging system failes ? Strange.

2. File Sharing   -   #12
    Poster
    Originally posted by magilvia@26 November 2003 - 05:02
    I've found out something intresting.
    I've cleaned my shared folders of thousands of stupid tiny html files I've forgotten, and now uploads are much more frequent. I always have all 4 upload slots used.
    So what does this mean ? If someone shares thousands of file most of which useless, the sharinging system failes ? Strange.
    It's probably not failing -- just slowing WAY down!
    Think about it -- EVERY search keyword that matches ANY keyword in your files means your computer has to generate a reply.
    This EATS bandwidth when you're sharing 1,000+ files of many different names.
    Leaving Browse Host/let others list your files ON also can be a huge drain on your speed -- because with LOTS of files shared the probability that at least 1 person is doing it every 5 minutes goes way up.

3. File Sharing   -   #13
    UKMan's Avatar Poster
    As more and more people are using these p2p programmes, that means that there are more sources to choose from. Also, maybe your files are not what people want <----it does happen you know.
    There are many reasons why, you have found one of them maybe.

Nice to know you are sharing and willing to share more - good luck and be carefull

Peace
    UKMan

4. File Sharing   -   #14
    if i could, if one is sharing a ton of files than i would recommending adding more RAM (especially if running a Micro&#036;oft OS), Kazaa (Kazaalite) seems to take more mem with more to do...like search results displaying thousands of files, having thousands of files in the share folder (s) or d/l 100&#39;s of files @ a time...

if i could i would

peace

5. File Sharing   -   #15
    if i could i would
    Well memory is cheap nowadays, so what&#39;s to stop you adding more?

6. File Sharing   -   #16
    Originally posted by Sparkle1984@28 November 2003 - 14:35
    if i could i would
    Well memory is cheap nowadays, so what&#39;s to stop you adding more?
    i&#39;m a waiting for the silly warranty to expire

>_<

it was cheaper for me to buy a dell than build a white box

7. File Sharing   -   #17
    Originally posted by magilvia@25 November 2003 - 14:32
    There was a time when I would have tens of uploads. Is there a reason for this?
    Downloads are also much more difficult. It&#39;s hard to get more then 1 sources for every download. But it was not so difficult before.
    Kazaa network has more competition now + the fear of prosecutions has put off many people from sharing.

In the UK, we saw on the news a few weeks ago that record companies will start prosecuting large sharers. I dont know how true this is, but it has certainly scared many people off from p2p networks.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12