Thread: Battle of Antivirus

which antivirus Good For Windows 10????
    And why??

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    I use Avast (free version). Intuitive interface, doesn't slow down my machine and is quick to catch everything (I think).

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    I would just stay with the built-in (free) Windows Defender - I have repaired many computers with all different kinds of anti-virus programs like Norton, McAfee, and others, that were so infected they needed to be wiped and started over.
    There is no one 'magic program' that will keep you safe - but the best thing you can do is educate yourself as to what might possibly be a phishing or virus plot and avoid it. The computer operator is the best defense for computer troubles.
    Maintain good 'off-computer' backups of files you wish to preserve - reloading computers is getting easier all the time but make sure those 'one-of-a-kind' photos and documents are saved elsewhere!

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    I also use Avast Free Antivirus. I use it on my PC and my Android devices.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    I use the free version of BitDefender, which has been great but the latest version continues to have issues with updates. So I'm looking to possibly switch myself.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    thiabenitez's Avatar n00b
    What is the reason for the formation of the digital viruses?

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Gribley's Avatar On a hate list
    Quote Originally Posted by thiabenitez View Post
    What is the reason for the formation of the digital viruses?
    Unprotected bit exchanges?

Yupitsme is probably right but for extra safety run unknown stuff in a safe container (Comodo/Sandboxie) or a VM and then port it back to the host so naughty shite never gets a chance on your real machine as most of the malware around I find tends to be wrapped around the original installer/setup... cleaning up after a malware outbreak isn`t hard just tedious.
    Last edited by Gribley; 01-05-2018 at 09:43 AM.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Avast is the best anti virus software

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    I like to try all of the free Anti-Virus. Install one on PC and use the others that are web-based (to scan a file individually). Malwarebytes Anti-Malware is a good tool also. Avast, Bitdefender, Symantec, Kaspersky (if you don't believe Russian conspiracy) are all good. Like Yupitsme said, you need to be smart about what you do on the Internet. That's the greatest protection from viruses, malware, and identity theft.