Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Learning My SQL

threelions00's Avatar on a shirt... BT Rep: +12BT Rep +12BT Rep +12
    Hi guys.

Part of my job doesn't currently involve me using SQL but I can see how it would benefit me to be able to learn this.

Does anyone have a good start point? I am completely new to it. Any websites or books or tutorials that anyone knows as a good starting point?

Thanks in advance

2. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #2
    I learned it at school (one of the few classes where they'd actually teach us something useful), but this would probably make a good starting point.

Image.jpg
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

3. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #3
    Try Code Academy, and I'd recommend learning while you develop a project.

4. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #4
    Quote Originally Posted by docmancini View Post
    Try Code Academy, and I'd recommend learning while you develop a project.
    Code Academy is good. I'd also look at Khan Academy https://www.khanacademy.org/computin...rogramming/sql

5. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #5
    w3school is learning website. i hope you like this and all my sql tutorials are available you want try this .

6. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #6
    BANNED
    MySQL including managing MySQL database and manipulating data using various SQL statements such as INSERT, DELETE, UPDATE and SELECT. You will also learn about advanced data selection techniques including INNER JOIN, LEFT JOIN, Subquery, UNION, etc.

7. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #7
    W3School, Udemy, CodeAcademy but you should start directly coding in SQL or within PHP, Python, or any other language where you can exercise it. I learned as most when I finally got the opportunity to code, not only read... In the case of WordPress/Joomla/Drupal developers, they don't really often do anything else then just install MySQL/MariaDB, secure, and create the database with tables. But it's just a work with command prompt or just a one click installation, not a SQL programming.

8. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #8
    Hi threelions00,

There are many solutions which are done of my SQL by PHP development. For the services you can hire dedicated php developers which we provide.

9. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #9
    I also agree with other posters about code academy, and definitely learn while doing - i.e. if your current job doesn't need you to do any SQL, set yourself up a MAMP stack at home and have a play with PHP and MySQL from there.

10. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #10
    Gribley's Avatar On a hate list
    select * from myarse as A inner join fudgepacket as B where A.Somevalue = B.Somehowrelates group by A.Fuckknows having count(A.somethingelse) > 1

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast