Thread: TV Season DVD and BDRip Release Subtitles

Something has been really bothering me lately. It used to be when you obtained a season of a TV show in DVDRIP for BDRIP, it would include the subtitles. I really like having a DVD or BR for my collection, but I have gotten to the point now where I just keep the weekly TV airings because it seems like most are coming without subtitles now. What's going on? Is there something I don't know about? Some way to get the subtitles for these copies? Thanks much in advance if anyone has feedback.

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Poster
    You can get a lot of missing subtitles online, Google is your friend ...

I find https://www.opensubtitles.org/en/search/subs really useful.

3. File Sharing   -   #3

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Quote Originally Posted by mystik View Post
    Something has been really bothering me lately. It used to be when you obtained a season of a TV show in DVDRIP for BDRIP, it would include the subtitles. I really like having a DVD or BR for my collection, but I have gotten to the point now where I just keep the weekly TV airings because it seems like most are coming without subtitles now. What's going on? Is there something I don't know about? Some way to get the subtitles for these copies? Thanks much in advance if anyone has feedback.
    If you're talking about MKV files, that's a container format and the subtitles are actually included in the MKV. There is software such as MKVtools that will show you what is inside the MKV, and that's often where the subtitles are. You just need to turn them on in whatever player you are using.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    I concur with RiverRapids, if the download is in the MKV format then they generally include some form of subtitles possibly in srt format. If not included then they can be downloaded and muxed into the container with MKV Toolnix.