Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: G*Ganews / DMCA infringement help ?

Urgent

Hello people.

Just looking for some SOUND advice.

I recently got an e-mail from g*ganews [vpn]. Telling me that I have got a DMCA copyright infringement notice against me.
    They want me to sign something to say that I used there service for copyright infringement and I will be taking responsibly for this action.

Me personally. I am not happy and don't want to sign nothing. Whats the best way to handle this? Just Cancel the VPN completely and forget about it ?
    I understand using a VPN would mask my i.p and change my current locations. Tho I now feel unsafe and want to know how to prevent this. Tho at the moment I want to tackle this problem first with this notice.

Thanks for your time and hope to hear from you soon.

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    no reply's what so ever :/ seriously. i am sure some of you have maybe come across this problem.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    I wouldn't sign a damn thing, that's for certain. I'd sign up again under a new email/payment and move on.

yo

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    This isn't the first thread in the forum from someone who got asked to bend over by VyprVPN. Don't sign anything, cancel your service and look for a better provider (note: this is not legal advice).

https://torrentfreak.com/vpn-service...w-2017-170304/
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    thank you anon + skiz. appreciate the feedback

just an update. I never signed anything and have cancelled service all together. Thank you for your help.
    Last edited by extigy; 10-25-2017 at 03:17 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    turin's Avatar Turambar BT Rep: +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40
    I would definitely not sign that document. I would find another vpn provider that takes privacy seriously, see the list from anons post.

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Yea, I haven't got any of those. Replying is like setting yourself up if you ask me. I'd just ignore it. Use VPN and your good to go.

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    If you don't sign anything, they just have the IP address. Contacting the bill payer of an ISP account (via IP address ) doesn't mean you're contacting the person who might have done any infringement. The moment you sign saying it was you, then you've admitted to it, whether you did anything or were just the bill payer and person who opened the account.

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    I dumped Giganews a while ago. They were more expensive and didn't offer anything the less expensive usenet providers do. I would use a separate VPN service from usenet provider. Seems like a more convenient situation, but probably a conflict of interest there with Giganews obeying DMCA.

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    nQQ's Avatar Poster
    There are a few Usenet providers that bundle VPN with their plans. The only advantage is if your ISP blocks usenet traffic then the VPN gets round that. The privacy issues and no-logs policy that many VPN's have won't apply for bundled VPNs. Separate providers adds extra layers of security

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast