Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PFMonkey request?

shaina's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    As for me, I don't care about the drama. I just want files, and the more of them are available, the better.
    Exactly

If you belong to one of the handful good NZB sites, in a short time they all end up with the same stuff..And i mean the reputable ones....

It is not bad here for the main stream stuff either, just someone should figure out how to post the bigger 4K stuff Anon..
    Last edited by shaina; 12-02-2017 at 09:16 PM.

2. Newsgroups   -   #12
    nQQ's Avatar Poster
    I understand the desire to keep some things "exclusive" as a reward for those fortunate enough to have an account on one's site (and who assumedly support it by staying, donating, commenting, etc.), but they can't really control or enforce something like that, especially when they aren't even hosting the actual files. Also, I'm sure the copyright holders have different views about who the original source of the content is...
    True, NZB's are different to say like bittorrent where you could get private boards sharing stuff amongst members. By and large whilst members will d/l NZB file they will use different usenet providers to get them. Also you get those who pass off stuff they found elsewhere as their own.

As for me, I don't care about the drama. I just want files, and the more of them are available, the better. Hence my above comment Regarding the Stolenbikegate incident, buying stolen goods is a no-no, even if you do get away with it.
    I don't condone such behaviour - it was more how can someone who receives stolen goods moan if they are then a victim when said goods are liberated once more for the next stage of the illicit trade ("just desserts" came to mind). I used to collect files too, but when I ended up with hard drives full of stuff I watched once or was always aiming to watch but never got round to it due to sharing/collecting I reined that in. Back in the day (pre google) I used to rip n share, but more because it was stuff available in the UK but not outside. That's not such an issue now.

3. Newsgroups   -   #13
    Countermeasures are being taken so you may end up paying for a site that has no more than standard Newsnab, Nobody cares if you download something from another board and re-upload it for another site yourself. Some of the best boards do that.

If an uploader obfuscates his stuff because he wants it for certain boards and other boards steal the NZBs, it means the scraperboard has put no effort into uploading anything. If people are not putting forth the effort to upload the files there will be nothing to download.

Anon just wants the files but SOMEBODY had to upload them.

Like I said there are countermeasures so don't count on scraperboards having the latest obfuscated NZBs.

4. Newsgroups   -   #14
    shaina's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by user3240 View Post
    Countermeasures are being taken so you may end up paying for a site that has no more than standard Newsnab, Nobody cares if you download something from another board and re-upload it for another site yourself. Some of the best boards do that.
    If an uploader obfuscates his stuff because he wants it for certain boards and other boards steal the NZBs, it means the scraperboard has put no effort into uploading anything. If people are not putting forth the effort to upload the files there will be nothing to download.
    Anon just wants the files but SOMEBODY had to upload them.
    Like I said there are countermeasures so don't count on scraperboards having the latest NZBs.
    No... countermeasures ( obfuscation) are taken so it is not blocked/taken down from your Usenet provider (most of the time blocked), but sooner or later the links end up on all the popular NZB sites, it may take a longer time to show up, but it gets everywhere, or define a Scrap-board??

The Bot or the manual guy or even yet other types of communication is where the location Binary group is reviled/decoded found, and the NZB is made, and the NZB site has no affiliation with the actual B-Up-loader in most cases...

And to be honest i don't care who uploads the stuff to the Binary Groups, or how they find it, I just want the convenience of belonging to a good NZB site and they provide it for me, and if there is a small fee for them to stay open so be it

I would think Anon, and everyone that does this crap, including myself, just want the contents of what i am looking for and not having to worry about loading headers on the popular B-Groups and wasting my time downloading gibberish that i don't have access/program to decode myself, others do, and i appreciate that...

I assume you think the same way user3240, and i kind of think that is what you are trying to say, but it is not explained well

Edit Add: PFMonkey reviews in most places give it a thumbs up, and say it is one of the better/elite sites to belong too, but there are a few that are rated a wee bit higher, and if you don't want or think you should pay a small fee for the people that run the servers and expense, and some risks (again fees have nothing to do with the obfuscation) for the luxury of ease and speed for what you are looking for , you could always buy all the movies/shows/software/music etc retail or when it goes on sale Your choice....

No free lunch if you want to be a Pistol Pete
    Last edited by shaina; 12-05-2017 at 11:01 AM. Reason: added a comment....

5. Newsgroups   -   #15
    Some do have sources for uploads. That's what separates the hard-working sites from the sites who "scrape" other boards for their NZBs.

I have no problem paying for boards who work hard to decode obfuscated Nzbs and develop their own sources.

I still feel that there should be "honor among thieves" or the system will stop working.

6. Newsgroups   -   #16
    shaina's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by user3240 View Post
    I still feel that there should be "honor among thieves" or the system will stop working.
    I would say it is impossible to stop And some of the sites will disappear, and some that don't open to many times for invites, and make you do a small donation to show some loyalty will survive longer....

Nice to know you are willing to support the cost and hard work to run a site user3240, especially if you are someone downloading a average 1TB
    a month , but as i have seen and said from the better NZB sites, they seem to go back and forth and usually not far behind on posting majority of the same main items, with the odd few differences...

Again same shit different day

7. Newsgroups   -   #17
    Stabber's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    Does anyone have an invite or account that he isnt using for pfmonkey? I would really appreciate it and help you in return anyway i can

8. Newsgroups   -   #18
    nQQ's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Stabber View Post
    Does anyone have an invite or account that he isnt using for pfmonkey? I would really appreciate it and help you in return anyway i can
    have you put the request on the NZB indexer invite thread?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12