Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PFMonkey request?

Stabber's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    Hi there!

Does anyone have an invite to spare or unused account ?

I would really appreciate it if someone could help me out!

Thanks!

2. Newsgroups   -   #2
    Take care of your account if you do get in. A friend once gave his away to me, and their policy at the time was that they "may" delete you if you don't log in once every 30 days. It was gone on the 31st Stupid inactivity rules.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

3. Newsgroups   -   #3
    Stabber's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    Thanks for the info Anon , i will have it in mind if i ever get into pfmonkey I heard they occasionally open sign ups

4. Newsgroups   -   #4
    Never heard of that one. Usenet site or something different?

5. Newsgroups   -   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by doejohnblowjoe View Post
    Yes, NZB index with a pretty comprehensive catalog. You can find many things that aren't anywhere else. Definitely worth having in your arsenal.

6. Newsgroups   -   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by doejohnblowjoe View Post
    Yes, NZB index with a pretty comprehensive catalog. You can find many things that aren't anywhere else. Definitely worth having in your arsenal.
    Actually, it's a scraperboard. They try to scrape content from Dog, Geek, and OMG and claim it as their own. They have no original content.

7. Newsgroups   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by user3240 View Post
    Actually, it's a scraperboard. They try to scrape content from Dog, Geek, and OMG and claim it as their own. They have no original content.
    So my account gave me access to stuff from three other sites I wasn't a member of? That's even more awesome

8. Newsgroups   -   #8
    So my account gave me access to stuff from three other sites I wasn't a member of? That's even more awesome

No honor among thieves?

9. Newsgroups   -   #9
    nQQ's Avatar Poster

No honor among thieves?
    All a matter of opinion, what's the difference between getting something that's not your own from a source that was originally not their own and getting it direct. Then again, though not related the following made me LOL when I was told about it: a friend of mine works in the care sector and was telling me about one client she was visiting - the son had been staying with the elderly mother being cared for for a few months and bought a bicycle cheaply from their "friend"on a no-questions asked basis for his own daughter, a week later it was stolen from the front garden and the guy was fuming and on the phone trying to get hold of his "friend" whilst the mother was being cared for - the mother kept telling her son to report it to the police and repeatedly told by the son he couldn't do it and it would be "sorted".

10. Newsgroups   -   #10
    I understand the desire to keep some things "exclusive" as a reward for those fortunate enough to have an account on one's site (and who assumedly support it by staying, donating, commenting, etc.), but they can't really control or enforce something like that, especially when they aren't even hosting the actual files. Also, I'm sure the copyright holders have different views about who the original source of the content is...

As for me, I don't care about the drama. I just want files, and the more of them are available, the better. Hence my above comment Regarding the Stolenbikegate incident, buying stolen goods is a no-no, even if you do get away with it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast