Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: SSL News and NZB Board shut down by German Authorities

nQQ's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by doejohnblowjoe View Post
    Any boards that are smart do not store any user info. Hopefully that's the case.
    well if they had the news server on the same server as the forum, then who knows :/

2. Newsgroups   -   #12
    Several German NZB boards shut down voluntarilily after hafing noticed that few others have been shut down by authorities first.

3. Newsgroups   -   #13
    nQQ's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by batg View Post
    Several German NZB boards shut down voluntarilily after hafing noticed that few others have been shut down by authorities first.
    including some permanently e.g. by trashing HDD. It's a question whether others have simply gone offline whilst its still being actively pursued and may come back once heat has died down.

4. Newsgroups   -   #14
    n00b
    Quote Originally Posted by nQQ View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by batg View Post
    including some permanently e.g. by trashing HDD. It's a question whether others have simply gone offline whilst its still being actively pursued and may come back once heat has died down.
    I am very hopeful of this happening and the one closed (excluding Town.ag) and one partially closed were great sources of nzb's and member camaraderie

5. Newsgroups   -   #15
    Ach, Angela. It was Ich liebe dich from dawn to dawn. Now it's just Research so that future Internet archeologists may know how the Volk spent their time. Because They want to erase it all.

6. Newsgroups   -   #16
    Let's hope some of the boards databases show up or the boards reopen on darknet. There was so much content, i'd be a shame to loose all of that.

7. Newsgroups   -   #17
    Yeah, Usenet-Space-Cowboys is done also. They had a lot of stuff only available from Germany (HDTV movies not on BluRay), usually with English audio included. Most posts were password protected, so all of the archives are useless now.

8. Newsgroups   -   #18
    Quote Originally Posted by MacGyverSG1 View Post
    Most posts were password protected, so all of the archives are useless now.
    I read that a few people have searched the remaining boards before they went offline. Just to back up the nzb's locally. But whether they will ever be made available again... I can't imagine.
    Last edited by Catweasel; 01-31-2018 at 04:51 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

9. Newsgroups   -   #19
    I still see posts being made everyday under poster SSL-News. All of those posts require password. I guess a new website popped up, just hidden now.

10. Newsgroups   -   #20

Unsure

Maybe we will find it!?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast