Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Concealing IP address from VPN provider

Tokeman's Avatar Ron Paul 2012 BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    I just use NORD. point and click. Vast server types and locations. No much of a speed drop but always expect some.
    Only had to change one setting to get it working better which is nice.
    You can also set it up manually (without app) for those who prefer.
    They give great (and I mean great) deals a few times a year. Think my subscription is like 5 years...

2. BitTorrent   -   #42
    I want to use Nord on a router so every device is protected. But it seems speed is an issue if the router can't handle it. A PC is much more powerful than a router, to handle VPN.

3. BitTorrent   -   #43
    Tokeman's Avatar Ron Paul 2012 BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    My router had no issues as the vpn point, but its a beast cause I have 8 people here
    I still just use it on demand on my pc though, mostly cause I hate slowdowns at all where avoidable. I don't care much about site tracking etc.
    Changed Nord from UDP to TCP and over doubled my speeds as they were disappointing to say the least

I don't know how viable it is anymore but I used to use a PC as a router years back, fun project. If you are wired; an older PC with 2 nics would probably handle household VPN just fine and be your new router (you'd still need a modem).

4. BitTorrent   -   #44
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokeman View Post
    Changed Nord from UDP to TCP and over doubled my speeds as they were disappointing to say the least
    Are you sure it wasn't the other way around? Encapsulating TCP-based traffic (such as most BitTorrent) over a TCP tunnel generally results in reduced performance, since certain protocol mechanisms overlap with each other.

http://sites.inka.de/~W1011/devel/tcp-tcp.html

Then again, if you're sharing the connection with so many others, it could be that UDP transfers get deprioritized along the way and switching protocols merely results in, uh, less worse results.

Also, I agree that building your own router can be pretty fun
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

5. BitTorrent   -   #45
    Double Agent
    I only use nordvpn when i need to, like when i am doing torrents or some other stuff i don't want logged, they offer 3 day trial, no banking info needed

https://free.nordvpn.com

all you need is a gmail account and just register with the + sign after ur username for multiple registrations. works perfect for me

Also if you are on a rooted android, get expressvpn app, they give you 7 day trial, great service, and if u dont want them to have ur banking details just change your device id and get free trial again

all of above methods i've tried and works, use vpn to protect urself while not giving them ur banking info

btw great to be back!
    Last edited by james_bond_rulez; 10-21-2018 at 01:13 AM.

6. BitTorrent   -   #46
    Quote Originally Posted by james_bond_rulez View Post
    I only use nordvpn when i need to, like when i am doing torrents or some other stuff i don't want logged, they offer 3 day trial, no banking info needed

https://free.nordvpn.com

all you need is a gmail account and just register with the + sign after ur username for multiple registrations. works perfect for me

Also if you are on a rooted android, get expressvpn app, they give you 7 day trial, great service, and if u dont want them to have ur banking details just change your device id and get free trial again

all of above methods i've tried and works, use vpn to protect urself while not giving them ur banking info

btw great to be back!
    Free trials are great. But seriously I got 5 years for a stupid low price, low 2 digits... Go for it if you use it!

7. BitTorrent   -   #47
    Double Agent
    Tokeman I would if i use them all the time, but fact is I only use it when needed and accounts for just a few hours a month. not really worth it if i purchase for the whole month so...

i guess the real issue here is for the people who aren't power users and want to save their banking details from the vpn vendors. this would be a great way to use vpn

8. BitTorrent   -   #48
    Quote Originally Posted by james_bond_rulez View Post
    Tokeman I would if i use them all the time, but fact is I only use it when needed and accounts for just a few hours a month. not really worth it if i purchase for the whole month so...

i guess the real issue here is for the people who aren't power users and want to save their banking details from the vpn vendors. this would be a great way to use vpn
    Use another proxy to sign up and use a gift card?

Anonymity to vendors is easy enough. But more options are always useful so thanks!

9. BitTorrent   -   #49
    Double Agent
    there is no need to sign up using a proxy if u don't trust the vpn vendor with ur preliminary data

10. BitTorrent   -   #50
    What if I want to conceal from my ISP that I'm going to sign up for proxy service B so I use free proxy A to do the signup.
    Yea, stupid paranoid.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast