Thread: Looking for sites with older music scene releases

S!X's Avatar L33T Member BT Rep: +5
    Do any of you guys know of sites that have a good selection of music scene releases? I'm trying to find stuff from say 2000 onward. Either sites with file-hosting links, or BT sites. I was a member of both waffles.fm and what.cd when they were around, but ever since they shut down I've been out of the loop. Is there any new replacements for those sites? I might have invites to revTT & TorrentLeech to trade

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    If they absolutely have to be scene releases, I'm afraid this could be difficult. All scene-only music trackers have died, and so have file host uploads from the time. Your best bet is probably music packs in 0-day trackers. TL is (or at least was) well-known for having them. SCC had large archive and pack sections, but they shut down last year. RuTracker is also very much worth checking.

As for music trackers, Waffles is still around, but with a .ch domain instead of .fm. They took a blow from a long downtime plus not announcing said new domain anywhere, but managed to achieve an acceptable recovery. The current players are Apollo and Redacted, both of which have interview processes for those who can't find an invite (just like What.cd had).
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    you will have better luck on usenet or soulseek

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    I think sound cloude should be able to do what you ask for since its a music website.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Usenet is definitely the best bet for "Scene" releases.

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    I agree - use Soulseek. Very surprised at what they have.