Thread: GrabIt creating HUGE files in temp folder

Hello,

Lately i have been having strange problems with GrabIt. Its creating huge and loads of files in the tempfolder(appdata) while downloading.
    It results in the program auto pause becouse my harddrive is too full and even when i succeed in finnishing a download, GrabIt doesnt
    delete the files, and the download it self is corrupted.

This is parts of the files that i found in the folder after downloading a TV episode ~1.8gb. The total of the files in the folder
    was 35GB(!) with +700 files.

files.jpg

I use the latest GrabIt version and have used the program for years without problems like this.

Tried reinstalling (clean install)
    I have tried the same NZB file with another downloader which worked fine.

Its so strange, does anybody have an idea of the problem? Or is someone else having the same issue?

Thanks

2. Newsgroups   -   #2
    I used to use GrabIt a long time ago.
    I switched to SABnzbd since the techniques to hide file names (obfuscation) happened.
    I have not had any problems since!
    http://sabnzbd.org
    Last edited by det427; 02-26-2018 at 04:44 PM.

3. Newsgroups   -   #3
    Ok! sabnzbd was the other program i tested the nzb with! Maby i'll switch over aswell then. Thought its a strange issue filling up my harddrive like that.

4. Newsgroups   -   #4
    Yeah, some programs are having issues downloading files now. I've been using NewsLeecher and Forte Agent lately. I'll have to take a look at SabNZBd.

5. Newsgroups   -   #5
    Is there a change at the usenet providers that is causing it? I'v been using usenet for years and this have never happened before and all the suddenly several times.
    I used Forte some years ago, back then it was good for browsing groups by yourself, but not so good with downloading the files.

Sabnzbd seems usable for downloading, tried it twice now!
    Last edited by redding; 02-26-2018 at 09:32 PM.

6. Newsgroups   -   #6
    It's the posters who have changed things. The DMC@ is taking down files (or instructing usenet providers who host the files, to do so). So the posters are trying to disguise the files so they are not taken down. Problem is you need to belong to a website (and pay money) that understands what the posters are doing. This place is alright, but most of what gets posted everyday on usenet (movies, TV shows, games, music, etc.) doesn't get posted here.

Most people seem to being going the torrent way. Sign up for a VPN service and download torrents all day. I may go that route since I'm not special enough to belong to an elite greedy website.

7. Newsgroups   -   #7
    Ok, too bad it is that way. Strange thought that becouse of the files being in disguise GrabIt goes bonkers! Ashame if this disguising creates a problem so big that peoble go to torrent sites. I did torrents a long time ago but went to usenet and i'd hate to go back.

8. Newsgroups   -   #8
    I use to swear by Grabit for a long time because it always delivered. But like the other posters have mentioned, things started to become unreliable with it and so gave Sabnzbd a chance about 9 months ago and have had no problems with it at all.
    I do use torrents too sometimes but find I can source more from Newsgroups than torrent and there is no need to seed anything. I do find you have to get yourself invited or pay a little money to some of the top sites to guarantee to find what you are looking for though.