Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Nor'easter

Anyone here from the northeast (USA) and lose power? I lost power sometime after 5 PM Friday March 2, and got power back Monday March 5, a little after 4 PM. Really thinking about getting a whole house power generator. With no heat and hot water those 3 and a half days were no fun. Not to mention no TV or Internet (I do not own a laptop, tablet, or smartphone). I do use a UPS for my TVs and desktop computers, but that only gives me 30-60 minutes of use.

Worsts part is now we might get a foot of heavy wet snow dumped on us tomorrow and into Thursday. Hopefully all the trees that are going to come down did already during the first storm (3" of rain in less than 24 hours with tropical storm strength winds).

Last time I lost power this long was 2012 during a Nor'easter that dumped about a foot of snow.

2. Lounge   -   #2
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    To be fair, if I were the Nor'easter I would have killed you.
    Respect my lack of authority.

3. Lounge   -   #3
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    To be fair, if I were the Nor'easter I would have killed you.
    *blown

You missed your chance for a good pun, Idol...
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

4. Lounge   -   #4
    So sue me.* I thought as an American he would approve of the tip of the hat to mindless violence more.

* Likewise I thought as an American you would approve of the tip of the hat to nuisance lawsuits.I'll try to work in addiction to subscription drugs, rampant stupidity and widespread racism when I get the chance.

PS Would it kill you to occasionally mention hockey or moose, fudge packer?

5. Lounge   -   #5
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    "Moose is one of my favorite deserts."- Shay
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

6. Lounge   -   #6
    shaina's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    "Moose is one of my favorite deserts."- Shay

Actually Idol, i figure Meg to be more a Rump Roaster

Attachment 179229

7. Lounge   -   #7
    shaina's Avatar Poster
    So sue me.* I thought as an American he would approve of the tip of the hat to mindless violence more.
    * Likewise I thought as an American you would approve of the tip of the hat to nuisance lawsuits.I'll try to work in addiction to subscription drugs, rampant stupidity and widespread racism when I get the chance.
    Deserves...

8. Lounge   -   #8

Those views of Americans mostly apply to Southern and Midwest rednecks (rich and poor). There are some of those people up here too, luckily not many. We don't let natural disasters kill a lot of people up here. That seems to be a southern (Republican) thing.

9. Lounge   -   #9
    I don't think you understand what having a viewpoint means. Seriously that's why I hate you Mormons.

10. Lounge   -   #10
    dion09529's Avatar Helter Skelter BT Rep: +1
    To be fair, if I were the Nor'easter I would have killed you lived with the Eskimos.
    fixed
    Old shit was here. Now it's gone.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast