Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 29

Thread: Some Great Movies

  1. #11
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    State of Grace
    Posts
    29,474
    Spartan.

    Who ever rates this stuff on websites is clearly insane as there isn't anything about this movie that isn't fantastic. Even the title is perfect once you know that it means.

    It's all Meg's fault.

  2. Movies & TV   -   #12
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Using Mrs. Nussbaum's CC#
    Posts
    16,978
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Spartan.
    I'll give it a try (maybe rewatch, I can't remember), but it looks quite lacking in special effects, so I don't know how good it can be...
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    The internet is a trap therefore it's inherently evil. Posts should be appropriately vile in keeping with that.

  3. Movies & TV   -   #13
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    State of Grace
    Posts
    29,474
    It doesn't star The Rock so it's a glass half full situation.
    It's all Meg's fault.

  4. Movies & TV   -   #14
    ShinShin's Avatar Donator
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    SW Europe
    Posts
    56
    Thanks for your contributions guys!!

    Am building a list of movies to watch already! Excited especially for Spartan, as I really enjoyed The Untouchables and Glengarry Glen Ross from the same writer, though can't say The Spanish Prisoner was all that great, mostly because Steve Martin was miscast. Also read one of his plays which was excellent, Oleanna.

  5. Movies & TV   -   #15
    What do you think of the shape of water film?

  6. Movies & TV   -   #16
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    State of Grace
    Posts
    29,474
    Meg says that except for sheep and the occasional cow, he's firmly against inter-species sex.

    Quote Originally Posted by ShinShin View Post
    Thanks for your contributions guys!!

    Am building a list of movies to watch already! Excited especially for Spartan, as I really enjoyed The Untouchables and Glengarry Glen Ross from the same writer, though can't say The Spanish Prisoner was all that great, mostly because Steve Martin was miscast. Also read one of his plays which was excellent, Oleanna.
    I rewatched Spartan and was kinda struck by how in structure and somewhat in execution it resembled a play. More staccato than frenetic.

    You should also consider Redbelt. Mamet's again slightly off kilter take on this time martial arts films.

    If you find you like that then maybe another auteur's look at the spy game in Steven Soderbergh's Haywire.
    Last edited by IdolEyes787; 03-12-2018 at 05:18 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    It's all Meg's fault.

  7. Movies & TV   -   #17
    Stehle's Avatar Poster
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Earth ....(Sometimes)
    Posts
    1,997
    So many great ones! I will also look at the films I may have missed.

    (More of a book worm now, but still pondering ShinShin.)

    Umm... certain parts or scenes of some films create classics, but their in another thread thanks to Meg, I'll "bump" it so its easy to spot. Remember ShinShin they are not all classics in the film clinical sense, but more of an action or violence noir. Though some I found VERY good!

    Example: "Untouchables" that you've already watched. [Train station Stairway Scene] Classic!

    WARNING! Many Spoilers!
    Last edited by Stehle; 03-12-2018 at 05:47 PM. Reason: 'nuff said.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. -- Hunter S. Thompson

  8. Movies & TV   -   #18
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Using Mrs. Nussbaum's CC#
    Posts
    16,978
    Quote Originally Posted by Stehle View Post
    "Untouchables" that you've already watched. [Train station Stairway Scene] Classic! WARNING! Many Spoilers!
    I love that scene!

    Spoiler: Show
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    The internet is a trap therefore it's inherently evil. Posts should be appropriately vile in keeping with that.

  9. Movies & TV   -   #19
    Stehle's Avatar Poster
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Earth ....(Sometimes)
    Posts
    1,997
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Stehle View Post
    "Untouchables" that you've already watched. [Train station Stairway Scene] Classic! WARNING! Many Spoilers!
    I love that scene!

    Spoiler: Show
    You are bad.

    (Umm... was that O.J. in the white hat?)
    Last edited by Stehle; 03-13-2018 at 01:46 PM. Reason: 'nuff said.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. -- Hunter S. Thompson

  10. Movies & TV   -   #20
    shaina's Avatar Poster
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    4,774
    Quote Originally Posted by Stehle View Post
    You are bad.
    (Umm... was that O.J. in the white hat?)
    Yup Murderer Character name Nordberg

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •