Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bitme

ShinShin's Avatar Poster
    Hey guys!

I wish the best information was already available on the internet for people to read and educate themselves with at no expense, except a monthly internet contract.

Sadly humanity is not there yet. But we can always hope...

I'm a young adult (will be three decades old this year) writing a 25,000-word Master's thesis (well, I'm mostly still reading for it, and taking notes, but will have a clear direction soon enough as I have only 12 weeks left before having to submit it), that's 125-odd pages, in Political Science.

I have been file sharing for a couple of years, but using mostly public trackers. I hold very few private tracker accounts, as I don't like to be on a site that I can't be active on, so I won't join one which I won't use.

I have a rather fast upload speed it turns out, faster than my download speed even. Proof of that and my honoring of the high ratio rule can be given on a person-by-person basis with the appropriate screenshots.

I want Bitme because I am unable to purchase many of the books I would like to consult for my thesis. Some of them, being written in English, are not available at my university's library. (e.g. The Oxford Handbook of Political Science, or Gabriel Almond's The Civic Culture Revisited, or Juan J. Linz's Political Parties).

Moreover, my uni doesn't have wide access to research articles. I can read some, but not all those I would like to.

What would I do with the account?

As I am extremely busy at the moment researching for the thesis (and still working to pay current expenses, as I live in my own apartment paying rent every month, bills, etc.) in a first moment I would make a donation to the site (cheaper to help a site financially and access Pandora's Box than having to pay sometimes more than that for a single hard-to-find book!) which would give me a ratio buffer which I could then use to leech a few items.

In a second moment, after my thesis is done, I would set about using my Canon TS9020 AIO to scan tomes in my sizeable personal library (some 300 volumes) and uploading them onto the site (those which aren't already there).

Please send me a PM if you have an invite and think I would be a good investment for the Bitme community. Even if you have not made up your mind yet, let's get in touch and send some messages back and forth.

Hoping to hear from you soon!

IMG_4522.JPG
    IMG_4523.JPG
    Last edited by ShinShin; 04-09-2018 at 09:15 PM.

2. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #2
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    They took my invites away years ago simply because I use to be staff here. Yeah, I know. What a bunch of tools.

That's my way of saying "Sorry, but I can't help and BitMe, suck my balls".
    Respect my lack of authority.

3. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #3
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Checks out-- he has an AIO Cannon scanner.
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

4. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #4
    Clearly he dodged a bullet by not getting that Lexmark.

5. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #5
    ShinShin's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    Checks out-- he has an AIO Cannon scanner.

@IE787: thanks for considering me a possible candidate!

6. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #6
    bitme.org is down for a while. Or may be they moved to another domain ?

7. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by gameover123 View Post
    bitme.org is down for a while. Or may be they moved to another domain ?
    According to someone posted on reddit.its down and there is a big chance it will not come back.

8. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #8
    I got these news today.

This is the message posted by 'Drisanna' in Bitme IRC

"I just would like to announce that after little feedback from others and from what I know about the current situation, the chances of us coming back online are VERY slim. I'll update if I hear anything further, BUT personally I think it's the end. I am so sorry it has come to this and I HOPE I am wrong."

I hope he is wrong like he mentioned at the end and I would love to see Bitme back soon..
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

9. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #9
    Call it karma for some staff insisting on being cunts.

10. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #10
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Call it karma for some staff insisting on being cunts.
    Maybe so. As I recall, anyone whom they could confirm was a member here, staff or not, would lose their invite privileges like you did for "security reasons".

Oh well, life goes on.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast