Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Are there types of scrambled NZB

Tokeman's Avatar Ron Paul 2012 BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    Quote Originally Posted by MacGyverSG1 View Post
    I don't like using programs that will download, repair (if necessary), and extract (then delete RARs when done). Sometimes they screw things up. Then I have to redownload files. I like to do each step manually. No f*ckups that way. An extracting problem might be an issue will using an old version of WinRAR or 7-zip.
    Or too new as well, not just old

If the archive is old there could be an issue. I've had issues with some newer versions of tools working with older archives.

2. Newsgroups   -   #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokeman View Post
    I don't like using programs that will download, repair (if necessary), and extract (then delete RARs when done). Sometimes they screw things up. Then I have to redownload files. I like to do each step manually. No f*ckups that way. An extracting problem might be an issue will using an old version of WinRAR or 7-zip.
    Or too new as well, not just old

If the archive is old there could be an issue. I've had issues with some newer versions of tools working with older archives.
    I've never had that issue (WinRAR).

3. Newsgroups   -   #13
    Sorry for late reply, switching to the latest version of 7-zip indeed solve my problem. Thanks!

4. Newsgroups   -   #14
    Quote Originally Posted by sam_ron View Post
    Sorry for late reply, switching to the latest version of 7-zip indeed solve my problem. Thanks!
    That's usually how it goes. When WinRAR makes an update, the other programs have to update themselves also. Luckily WinRAR doesn't make many updates that cause that issue too often.

Quote Originally Posted by nQQ View Post
    or set the program to not delete archives ...
    I like programs that don't have that option. When I want them deleted, I'll do it. Settings sometimes get reset with an update. Default should be to leave files alone. I don't like surprises.
    Last edited by MacGyverSG1; 11-21-2018 at 05:31 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

5. Newsgroups   -   #15
    nntpbot's Avatar n00b
    Completely agree with you. So many times grabbers have screwed my downloads. Do it all by hand with multipar.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12