Page 15 of 40 FirstFirst ... 51213141516171825 ... LastLast

Thread: New Legs For Meg And Re-schmuck Canada Fund. Unite and Make More Matter Mean More.

IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    You make everyone sick so it was implied.
    Respect my lack of authority.

2. Lounge   -   #142
    Stehle's Avatar Poster
    A coma caused me to quit ________!

(Blank Template for the severely addicted, so just copy & paste. Most members need not apply.)

*Some Bed Assembly required, Your mileage may vary per substance, Batteries Not Included.
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― Hunter S. Thompson

3. Lounge   -   #143
    ShinShin's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Stehle View Post
    WOW! A great book idea! I can do a living history with adversity as a focal point... (I don't / can't speak much anymore since my strokes.) ...I want the family to know all about my life and how I got to this point.

(I do read and write a lot.)

@ShinShin: Its been about two years since my last spinal surgery... I like you had my *fingers crossed*... Is should have been my toes with 4 toes paralyzed that time... I'm truly a piece of work, but ya get used to it.
    I'd be curious to have a look at some of your work (should you be OK with sharing it, ofc) - is it fiction?

You mean to say that you got the surgery but didn't come out better?

I already had L5S1 Laminectomy and Partial Discectomy in October 2016 done to herniated disc and recovery was going well - physio, swimming - had reached zero pain 4 months later.

Made a mistake at that point by going skiing with my brother and falling. Wanted to see how far I could go. A Doctor told me since then 4 months is enough time for the fibrosis (internal scarring) to have already settled, so it should have been OK, except perhaps it was still a bit too soon in the sense that some additional abdominal work and fortification to cushion the spine would have helped relieve pressure on it when engaged in such demanding sports.

Long story short, pain came back with a vengeance, and have had to stop all sports since September 2017 (was swimming sporadically and getting lots of pain afterwards) and am only still doing physio bi-weekly.

Can't wait to operate, have the Doctor place a plaque and two nails in there to fix the spine, do physio again, and this time slowly get better and fortify so that eventually I can pick weights up again (for Meg it was 3 years, perhaps for me it will be less...*fingers crossed*) but most importantly so that I can remove back pain, which has made it so that I haven't slept without it since February 2017.

Edit - I feel guilty for hogging your thread with my problems Meg hope that’s OK.
    Last edited by ShinShin; 06-21-2018 at 12:20 PM.

4. Lounge   -   #144
    Poor diet, lack of exercise and expensive healthcare (in the USA).

5. Lounge   -   #145
    A lot of meat and Pepsi is not healthy. That's why diet is huge problem in USA.

6. Lounge   -   #146
    Gribley's Avatar On a hate list
    No (quote all of your posts)

7. Lounge   -   #147
    Stehle's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by headbody3 View Post
    My gawd... Continuously eat nicotex gums
    I don't usually post a quote from someone trying to quit anything, nor do I advocate anything at all. That being said after my FIRST stroke I quit tobacco, (2PKS Marlboro Reds per day habit.) at the suggestion of my doctor. That was '09 and haven't had a cigarette since. I use those electronic cigarettes occasionally to provide a dose of nicotine if I THINK I really need it. It might work for you.

(Ohh... those patches a long time ago I tried the 14mg when I was flying although a 21mg patch put on right before sleep induced the most vivid hallucinatory dreams, so I guess they both worked for me ...I used to like flying high.)

WARNING!:The package's recommend you don't use them for the latter... now you know why.
    WARNING!!: Nicotine is a POISON and can kill you!
    Last edited by Stehle; 06-25-2018 at 07:25 PM. Reason: 'nuff said.
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― Hunter S. Thompson

8. Lounge   -   #148
    You can only do that if you keep to the thread title.... get Meg some legs, have a smoke or not and then tell us all about it.

There are several (too many) threads where you could ramble on about you smoking habit (or not). Poor old Meg has been super hijacked and not a leg to stand on.....

Start you own... you have that option
    Last edited by Gribley; 06-28-2018 at 01:15 PM.

9. Lounge   -   #149
    Stehle's Avatar Poster
    Yeah, back to Meg... this is his thread!

10. Lounge   -   #150
    Quote Originally Posted by headbody3 View Post
    I already have side effects :-)
    The lack of ability to move to another thread/topic?

Not that it bothers me that much but there are so many other generic bullshit threads that your ciggy habit could be fully discussed and then ignored, no need to use this one as Meg is old and probably smokes a pipe (just like Sherlock in my mind) either way likely has little interest in your ongoing saga (are we past a trilogy yet in the HB3 smokin` story?).... I just want the end credits at this point.

Page 15 of 40 FirstFirst ... 51213141516171825 ... LastLast