Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Is the online piracy community dead?

Yeah, streaming and subscriptions have taken a lot of the need away. The likes of Office and the Adobe Creative Suite are a recurring payment - seems to be the way a lot of services are going now. Meals and razors to your door each week/month. It's kinda crazy if you think about it for a wee while.

Saying that, I've always enjoyed the sense of community from the early WinMX and Kazaa days with music, through to discovering torrents and laughing at a film that was watermarked Ellen DeGeneres haha. Wonder if she leaked it?

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    Sometimes famous people are given screeners to view to help promote a movie, and that screener gets borrowed or stolen. You have to guard those things with your life.

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    Remember the Wolverine 2009 workprint? Fox went apeshit over that leak, to the point of eventually busting the original uploader. They never got the real source, though...
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    BANNED
    No its not , i was in a Russian DC++ room full of E-books few days ago

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    gemkat
    can we all please remember the scene has been goin for decades now in one form or another, just because its died for your doesn't mean its dead for everyone, perhaps it means u haven't really kept upto speed, personally things are fine and danday here for what I like to pursue.....

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    Tokeman's Avatar Ron Paul 2012 BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    The community is what we make of it. And that usually is derived from what we need. Change as always is the only constant

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    Mostly civil BT Rep: +3
    torrents have become outdated so the hunt for torrent sites has died. You can get any show or movie on warez or a 10$ netflix subscription or if you have amazon prime is sufficient. For music there is streaming.

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    Streaming sux0rs, you need an Internet connection and Big Brother can know you had ABBA's greatest hits on repeat after watching Death Wish 3
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    Tokeman's Avatar Ron Paul 2012 BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    Aside from a dedicated music site I'm doing just fine with torrents...

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    Evelyn's Avatar กก ƃɯo ƃɯo ƃɯo BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    yes. dead!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast