Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Is the online piracy community dead?

renhoek93's Avatar Poster
    With sites like Bitsnoop Extratorrents Kickass Torrents and many others gone and TPB not doing much these days i've been wondering if the piracy community is dying out what do you guys think??.
    Last edited by renhoek93; 06-08-2018 at 06:01 AM.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Intr4ns1t's Avatar Pro-antinegativist BT Rep: +4
    With the affordability and accessibility of streaming pretty much everything, it's not as necessary as it used to be, so people have taken the easy route. It's easier to just pay a small monthly fee than constantly worrying about buffer and ratio on your sites and running your pc 24/7.
    Quote Originally Posted by KFlint
    Think 9 is the new 10.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    dion09529's Avatar Helter Skelter BT Rep: +1
    You sound just like my grandma. Only she thinks that Netflix is the discovery of the milenium.
    Old shit was here. Now it's gone.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Quote Originally Posted by renhoek93 View Post
    TPB not doing much these days
    TPB is still alive through and despite everything, what else do they have to "do"?

As for the titular question, I can't deny interest has declined over the years for the reasons Intr4ns1t mentioned, but it's not dead by any stretch of the imagination
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    renhoek93's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by renhoek93 View Post
    TPB not doing much these days
    TPB is still alive through and despite everything, what else do they have to "do"?

As for the titular question, I can't deny interest has declined over the years for the reasons Intr4ns1t mentioned, but it's not dead by any stretch of the imagination

TPB used to be very active a few years ago before the 2014 raid with the promo bay and changing their doodle for political and social events regarding copyright and piracy i also noticed that the legal threats section that they used to have on the site was removed. And you're right that it's technically not completely dead nor will it ever be i did notice a few days ago that Kickass Torrents is back there is also still Seedpeer and a handful of others as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Intr4ns1t View Post
    With the affordability and accessibility of streaming pretty much everything, it's not as necessary as it used to be, so people have taken the easy route. It's easier to just pay a small monthly fee than constantly worrying about buffer and ratio on your sites and running your pc 24/7.
    Services like Netflix Hulu Amazon and so on may please some people but in the end they don't actually have everything and a lot of the time a lot of content on services like Amazon or say Spotify certain songs or movies and tv shows are region locked so the more they keep pissing consumers off the more piracy will happen. However there will be those people who do switch and are comfy with it.
    Last edited by renhoek93; 06-11-2018 at 12:05 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Gribley's Avatar On a hate list
    Not dead, just reduced to a slightly more amateur nature I`ve observed. Things still come out around the release times but are so much worse (quality wise) than the old days... maven etc. These are the times we live in with digital water marks making it so traceable back to the source.

Things go up 'n' down and the last 5 years have been on the down slope so it only really has one way to go after that we can but hope.
    Last edited by Gribley; 06-11-2018 at 03:11 PM.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    I think people on who spend exorbitant amounts of their time and money constantly creating and uploading stuff to trackers for no monetary reward have some sort of mental problem. In other words, J-Dye would probably be really good at it.
    Respect my lack of authority.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    I think people on who spend exorbitant amounts of their time and money constantly creating and uploading stuff to trackers for no monetary reward have some sort of mental problem.
    I download some of that stuff sometimes... so no complaints at all.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Mostly civil BT Rep: +3
    streaming did this. plus sites like warez-bb can get you 1080p 1-3 gb movies which is good enough quality if you dont want to keep a ratio on ptp. Torrents really only serve as a market for rare stuff which you can't get via streaming services.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    if you are into quality, nothing compares to specialized trackers. all the movie and music streaming services serve up mediocre quality files. additionally none of them have a truly expansive collection of media. they're not bad, but until you can find basically anything in one place, it'll be worthwhile for fans of music or movies to collect files offline.

that said, i certainly think things are moving in the right direction and hopefully 10 or 15 years from now there'll be basically one place to stream anything you want, or one for each major media category, and at real quality. there's only so much information contained on film or on a vinyl record, while bandwidth will continue to march ahead. pretty soon it'll be easy for people with an average internet connection to stream a 25gb video file that's 1.5 hours long.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast