Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hoi, Americans what's Orlando like?

Mr. Mulder's Avatar pepper your angus BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Me and t'misses are looking to go there for 10 days, I've never been to murcia before. She's wanting to do all the famous shit like universal and Disney and sea something and some Harry Potter faggot world. I'm more worried about being shot to death and put in prison which according to Netflix is guaranteed.

Also, I understand nothing is close together location wise, everything's a ballache drive away? I don't dare drive while I'm there from fear of being arrested but there's buses in America?? And do you have normal British food like McDonald's & Subway?

2. Lounge   -   #2
    It's usually hot and sticky (especially July/August). You would be best to rent a car. Use GPS to find your way. It's not difficult (except you drive on the wrong side of the road). There are plenty of shady people driving around Orlando every day that never get pulled over, arrested or shot. You'll be fine. I haven't been to Orlando since the early 90's so things have changed. Most of the stuff you see in movies or TV is a dramatization. Stay away from night clubs. I went to Disney World every summer from 83-88. Went to Sea World and saw Shamu. Go to Daytona beach.

Have fun.

3. Lounge   -   #3
    Stehle's Avatar Poster
    Living 30-40mins away currently... especially on those months weather... I'm with Mac on this.

(Not to forget Tampa's "Bush Gardens" about 45mins away... animals, attractions and FREE beer.)
    Last edited by Stehle; 06-09-2018 at 03:34 PM. Reason: 'nuff said.
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― Hunter S. Thompson

4. Lounge   -   #4
    TheFoX's Avatar www.arsebook.com
    It's a shithole mate. There's that stupid Disney thing that no one likes, and then the roads a full of alligator bitey things, and everyone there speaks with a really strange accent that is like British, but not, if you know what I mean.

Best off going to Bognor.
    Quote Originally Posted by OlegL
    You are one of the nicest and most mature people on this board; I would never ignore someone like you.

5. Lounge   -   #5
    dion09529's Avatar Helter Skelter BT Rep: +1
    The only guy I know living in Miami has been jailed for the last four years.
    Old shit was here. Now it's gone.

6. Lounge   -   #6
    Stehle's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFoX View Post
    ...and then the roads a full of alligator bitey things... and everyone there speaks with a really strange accent that is like British...
    Again... to be completely fair YES to the "bitey things" as I dispatched 4 on the farm last year (4 to 4.5' or about 150cm+ Plus) in my ponds. (See Photo) {sigh}

(Oh... in our defense some of us speak with decent English / British accent depending on who you meet.)

cheers!

IMG_1401.jpg
    Last edited by Stehle; 06-10-2018 at 06:27 PM. Reason: 'nuff said.
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― Hunter S. Thompson

7. Lounge   -   #7
    brotherdoobie's Avatar Long live Hissyfit BT Rep: +1
    Sweaty, sexy, greasy, cheesy, lusty, hairy, bald, heavy perfume, lots of sparkling drinks, blow, fist, dogs, legs, poker, rum, more rum ...

So yeah, a blast...

8. Lounge   -   #8
    Gribley's Avatar On a hate list
    Quote Originally Posted by brotherdoobie View Post
    Sweaty, sexy, greasy, cheesy, lusty, hairy, bald, heavy perfume, lots of sparkling drinks, blow, fist, dogs, legs, poker, rum, more rum ...

So yeah, a blast...
    Disney has changed its` policy a lot then.

As said before get yourself a car... and get some change for the endless tollbooths. We`ve done it many times now and really it is piss easy to drive an auto, I would (did) have a run around the rentals' carpark to get used to an auto if you`ve not done one before.... just put left foot to sleep for duration but getting used to it is weird for a while.

Oh and don`t do NASA, it sucks shite... a long nice drive for no reward unless you like crap Angry birds thing, Busch gardens well worth the trip even if you bus it. Avoid Epcot as well it bites... has not improved over the 4 trips I`ve made in the last 20yrs
    Last edited by Gribley; 06-11-2018 at 07:03 AM.

9. Lounge   -   #9
    Epcot was great in the 80's when I went. Of course I was 8-12 years old. I went to Kennedy Space Center. It was so long ago, I can't remember much. I do remember being thirsty and getting a drink of water from a water fountain. Man does Florida tap water taste horrible. Maybe it's better now. When I drive an automatic, I use left foot for brake, right foot for accelerator. I know it's not taught in drivers ed. You would probably fail driving test doing it, but I have always driven automatics that way. I think law enforcement is taught to drive that way.

10. Lounge   -   #10
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mulder View Post
    Me and t'misses are looking to go there for 10 days, I've never been to murcia before. She's wanting to do all the famous shit like universal and Disney and sea something and some Harry Potter faggot world. I'm more worried about being shot to death and put in prison which according to Netflix is guaranteed.

Also, I understand nothing is close together location wise, everything's a ballache drive away? I don't dare drive while I'm there from fear of being arrested but there's buses in America?? And do you have normal British food like McDonald's & Subway?
    There's definitely some fun to be had but I hope you like crowds. The thought of stuffy buses and Disney lines makes me shutter... Do yourself a monster favor. All those crowds are going to drain you. You'll go home needing another vacation to recover. Save your last few days for the beach and relax some before heading home. Head to southeast Florida about 3 hrs away and enjoy some absolutely epic bikini bods and beautiful water. Ft Lauderdale is nice. Then fly out of Miami.
    Last edited by Skiz; 06-13-2018 at 05:37 PM.

yo

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast