Thread: What is the motivation to start a torrent site?

Mostly civil BT Rep: +3

Question Mark

Since there are already so many torrent sites out there that covers a variety of categories and file types, what is the gain in creating a torrent site? Seems like a waste of effort to me unless you can make money off of it?

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    A place where people praise you and actively agree with everything you say, or else, they face your almighty punishment for thinking they are entitled to have an opinion.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Funkin''s Avatar home skillet BT Rep: +4
    I think I may make a pay per site just to make money. Pay to get in, pay for status, ratio, you name it. Fuck it

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkin' View Post
    I think I may make a pay per site just to make money. Pay to get in, pay for status, ratio, you name it. Fuck it
    A pay site to lose money would be pretty stupid.

As for motivation for making a torrent site, I assume it must have something to do with wanting me to think that you're ghey.
    Respect my lack of authority.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Intr4ns1t's Avatar Pro-antinegativist BT Rep: +4
    Self Flagellation :whip:
    Quote Originally Posted by KFlint
    Think 9 is the new 10.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Funkin''s Avatar home skillet BT Rep: +4
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    A pay site to lose money would be pretty stupid. As for motivation for making a torrent site, I assume it must have something to do with wanting me to think that you're ghey.
    Among other things. I did just get married to a woman, but that's just to continue to make my family think I don't like it in the pooper by men.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    I did just get married to a woman
    Well, there's a phrase I never thought I'd hear from you! Congrats on the shotgun wedding
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    kc101
    You could just wait for your competitor to shut down then scoop up the refugees* it's a harsh name for people who now have to look elsewhere to get xxx but fitting when comparing them to real life refugees who have to look elsewhere for food, water, safety..etc. My Tip don't start a tracker just invest in Alibaba..the Amazon of China.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    BANNED
    An E-book only public tracker is still cool

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Arguti View Post
    A place where people praise you and actively agree with everything you say, or else, they face your almighty punishment for thinking they are entitled to have an opinion.
    Sounds like the orange one with the big red tie.