Thread: Astraweb

Anyone here still using Astraweb? I tried to get some TV shows (full seasons) and all parts were missing. I am using Usenetserver right now. I used to use Astraweb as a backup, but when they stopped accepting PayPal, I stopped using them. Astraweb was always good at getting TV shows that were older postings (2000+ days).

Was wondering if someone could test a NZB for me to see if the archives are still good. I don't want to sign up for a month and the files are not available. I guess I can post a NZB in the NZB section or attach it to a PM.

Any help much appreciated.

2. Newsgroups   -   #2
    FYI Astra was sold a couple months back and their servers now pull from the same feed as Usenetserver, the Highwinds (Now Omnicron) Newshosting backbone.
    Keeping both is redundant. You need a feed from one of the other few remaining backbones or possibly anothe Omnicron backbone. Reddit has a decent provider map to check out. Good luck

3. Newsgroups   -   #3
    I haven't used Astraweb since it stopped accepting PayPal (months ago). Before that they were definitely not pulling from the same feed. Good to know that it has changed. I need to find a new provider that pulls its feed from the old Astraweb feed, if possible.

Thanks for the heads up.

4. Newsgroups   -   #4
    Old Astra servers are gone for good.

5. Newsgroups   -   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by ger036 View Post
    Old Astra servers are gone for good.
    Any other provider using the same feed as old Astra?