Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 20 of 20

Thread: NZBIndex.com

  1. #11
    shaina's Avatar Poster
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    5,396
    Quote Originally Posted by MacGyverSG1 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by nQQ View Post
    Interesting, maybe the beta doesn't have the same retention?
    No, everything is three weeks old or newer.

    The beta site search includes a.b.ratcave and a.b.frogs. The regular site doesn't.

    I was able to get all the files for the archives that both searches could not complete on their own, but combining the search results from both. It doesn't make sense, but whatever works.
    What are you looking for buddy?? Can i help ??

    Edit: I haven't looked through this whole tread so i am not sure if someone suggested using this??

    https://www.newzleech.com/
    Last edited by shaina; 10-21-2018 at 04:18 AM.
    Idol is like a mouse trying to gnaw his way through the metal cage bars

  2. Newsgroups   -   #12
    nQQ's Avatar Poster
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    220
    Quote Originally Posted by MacGyverSG1 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by nQQ View Post
    Interesting, maybe the beta doesn't have the same retention?
    No, everything is three weeks old or newer.

    The beta site search includes a.b.ratcave and a.b.frogs. The regular site doesn't.

    I was able to get all the files for the archives that both searches could not complete on their own, but combining the search results from both. It doesn't make sense, but whatever works.
    Surely it depends how the beta site was set up. As the beta site includes groups that are not on the main site, are you assuming the beta is a mirror of the main with an addition of extra groups, rather than its main aim is to test other groups or other aspects and so not all articles are scraped across, or the update isn't as frequent so some may be missing on the more popular groups.

    When you say you have to combine, is that because the beta site doesn't contain some articles that's on the main, or is it also that the main doesn't include some articles that are on the beta (and if the latter is that because of the groups that the beta site carries or are you talking about articles in groups carried by both)

  3. Newsgroups   -   #13
    Quote Originally Posted by shaina View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MacGyverSG1 View Post

    No, everything is three weeks old or newer.

    The beta site search includes a.b.ratcave and a.b.frogs. The regular site doesn't.

    I was able to get all the files for the archives that both searches could not complete on their own, but combining the search results from both. It doesn't make sense, but whatever works.
    What are you looking for buddy?? Can i help ??

    Edit: I haven't looked through this whole tread so i am not sure if someone suggested using this??

    https://www.newzleech.com/
    I manually search certain newsgroups for files to find movies. The file names are just random numbers and letters. I download the first .rar file and use VLC to play it. If I want the movie I then download all the files. I don't do torrents and don't belong to a VIP NZB website, so I have to go old-school to find stuff.

    I have tried Newzleech. No help.

    Quote Originally Posted by nQQ View Post

    Surely it depends how the beta site was set up. As the beta site includes groups that are not on the main site, are you assuming the beta is a mirror of the main with an addition of extra groups, rather than its main aim is to test other groups or other aspects and so not all articles are scraped across, or the update isn't as frequent so some may be missing on the more popular groups.
    Yes and Yes


    When you say you have to combine, is that because the beta site doesn't contain some articles that's on the main, or is it also that the main doesn't include some articles that are on the beta (and if the latter is that because of the groups that the beta site carries or are you talking about articles in groups carried by both)
    Yes and Yes
    Last edited by MacGyverSG1; 10-21-2018 at 11:02 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  4. Newsgroups   -   #14
    Thanks a lot for the tip about beta, saves me some cumbersome job

  5. Newsgroups   -   #15
    what is ratcave good for?

  6. Newsgroups   -   #16
    The beta site, even when I allow scripting, just shows me a search box. It does not give the option to choose newsgroups, or to filter by size of post etc etc. What am I doing wrong?

  7. Newsgroups   -   #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Gregg987 View Post
    The beta site, even when I allow scripting, just shows me a search box. It does not give the option to choose newsgroups, or to filter by size of post etc etc. What am I doing wrong?
    Click on "More" next to the blue search button, and plenty of filters will show up.
    "Come visit sometime, okay? We'll always be here for you. We... we all love you."

  8. Newsgroups   -   #18
    Thanks, anon, for your patient answer.

    That was a real d'oh question. Maybe what happened is that I clicked "More" with scripting turned off. Then after turning on scripting, I didn't bother clicking More.

  9. Newsgroups   -   #19
    Shit happens If you apply the following CSS, the search filters will always be visible, but I'm pretty sure JavaScript is still required for other site functionality anyway.

    PHP Code:
    #more-search {
    displayblock !important;

    "Come visit sometime, okay? We'll always be here for you. We... we all love you."

  10. Newsgroups   -   #20
    NZBIndex has made the BETA site the official site now. Searches for new stuff is complete, but older stuff is incomplete (they didn't index all popular groups, until recently). At least the future looks good.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •