Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: NZBIndex.com

I have been coming across some movies and TV shows that have some of their files being posted in "a.b.ratcave". Unfortunately NZBIndex does not support that group. Now when I try to make an NZB for new releases some files will be missing. There is a link on the website to request a group. I put in a request yesterday. I don't know how they decide if they will add a group or not. Maybe if it gets requested enough times, they will. The link below is for requesting a group. It would be great if FST members could visit NZBIndex and request "alt.binaries.ratcave" so hopefully they will add it. It might be best if the requests are done spread out over many days instead of all in one day. It might throw up a red flag (who knows?). If I was using a VPN, I would make the request once a day for weeks using a different IP address. Add a.b.frogs to the list.

https://www.nzbindex.com/forum/addgroup/

alt.binaries.ratcave
    alt.binaries.frogs

Thanks for reading.
    Last edited by MacGyverSG1; 10-03-2018 at 01:26 PM.

2. Newsgroups   -   #2
    nQQ's Avatar Poster
    done

3. Newsgroups   -   #3
    nQQ's Avatar Poster
    From the FAQ
    Q: Can you add a newsgroup?
    Yes, we can add newsgroups to the list of groups we're indexing, you can submit them with our form. However, we are NOT a news provider, so we CANNOT add groups to Usenet, only existing newsgroups will appear on the site. (see next question)

Q: Why is the group I requested not available?
    Although we are using several newsproviders, it is possible that none of them currently support the group. In that case, contact one or more newsproviders (such as Giganews, Astraweb, XSNews, UseNetServer, Eweka, etc.) to have them add the group. If the group is available from any of our providers, it will automatically appear on NZBIndex. (see previous question)
    Giganews carries both
    Astraweb carries both

So it should appear.

As far as indexers goes
    binsearch.info has both groups
    nzbking.com has both groups

So maybe its a case of using a different indexer in the meantime?

4. Newsgroups   -   #4
    Neither binsearch.info or nzbking.com find anything when I do a search for a certain file. NZBIndex is the only one that seems to work.

I use Usenetserver and can download files from a.b.ratcave and a.b.frogs without a problem. Need an indexer that can find files in those two groups by search.

Thanks for requesting the groups at NZBIndex.

5. Newsgroups   -   #5
    This is weird, I assumed the request forms were no longer honored. I remember requesting a bunch some time last year and didn't see them added including frogs. Then I see your post and suddenly remember oh! there is the beta side, and they are all there.
    Last edited by aoshivx; 10-17-2018 at 12:52 AM.

6. Newsgroups   -   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by aoshivx View Post
    This is weird, I assumed the request forms were no longer honored. I remember requesting a bunch some time last year and didn't see them added including frogs. Then I see your post and suddenly remember oh! there is the beta side, and they are all there.
    What are you talking about? Do you mean beta site? I need to find that.

7. Newsgroups   -   #7
    nQQ's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by MacGyverSG1 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by aoshivx View Post
    What are you talking about? Do you mean beta site? I need to find that.
    https://beta.nzbindex.nl/search or http://beta.nzbindex.com/
    in the search field the groups are listed
    Last edited by nQQ; 10-17-2018 at 08:27 PM.

8. Newsgroups   -   #8
    I have been testing the beta site today. Some of the archives I was missing files for using the standard website now find all the files with the beta site. I have also come across some archives that all the files show up on regular site, but not on beta site. At least now one or the other will give me all the files. Only a few archives are still missing many files when searching with both sites.

9. Newsgroups   -   #9
    nQQ's Avatar Poster
    Interesting, maybe the beta doesn't have the same retention?

10. Newsgroups   -   #10
    Quote Originally Posted by nQQ View Post
    Interesting, maybe the beta doesn't have the same retention?
    No, everything is three weeks old or newer.

The beta site search includes a.b.ratcave and a.b.frogs. The regular site doesn't.

I was able to get all the files for the archives that both searches could not complete on their own, but combining the search results from both. It doesn't make sense, but whatever works.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast