Thread: Private tracker recommendations that offers mostly scene torrents

I have tried IPT, torrentleech, Revett, filelist. I have been disappointed because those private trackers are loaded with P2P and they have relatively few scene releases compared to P2P. I don't mind the P2P, but usually there are problems with quality, codec or other things. I miss trackers like SCT, SCC, FTN. Aren’t there trackers that offers most scene releases?

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Quote Originally Posted by olebole View Post
    I miss trackers like SCT, SCC, FTN. Aren’t there trackers that offers most scene releases?
    Trackers like that haven't existed for a long time. Even SCC carried P2P releases during their final days. There was little point in not offering certain files that often outmatched their scene counterparts just because they didn't come from the "right" source.

I believe TL's advanced search has (or had) a filter to hide entries depending on if they are scene or P2P, so it may be the closest thing to what you're looking for.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Tokeman's Avatar Ron Paul 2012 BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    I prefer the internals myself vs scene releases. Maybe its the site (or ripper)?
    The bitrate on most scene releases is piss poor. Sometimes its even lower on 1080 than 720. I'm no videophile but that doesn't seem right.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    The problem with the scene releases is that the scene came up with standards for the scene groups to follow. Unfortunately they decided to make 720p rips 4.7GB or smaller so they can fit on a DVD5. The 1080p rips made to fit a DVD9 (8.5GB). With those limitations, the bitrate will be low for many movies. Most of the scene groups these days seem to ignore the size rules (maybe they have changed). Sometimes it depends on the movie. A new blockbuster movie will get special treatment. Older movies not so much, unless they are considered classics. The higher end audio available now has increased file sizes. The transition from x264 to x265 needs to happen. I was one of those people that hated the transition from XviD to x264 (I watch all videos on my TV and that meant buying new hardware), but it was needed.

If I'm only going to watch something once, I'm not going to grab the highest quality available. That's only for stuff I'm going to watch many times.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Gribley's Avatar On a hate list
    Quote Originally Posted by MacGyverSG1 View Post
    I was one of those people that hated the transition from XviD to x264
    Me too. And a TC was what it said on the box.... things have changed and not really for the better

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Tokeman's Avatar Ron Paul 2012 BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    It is mostly changed for the better. The lack of standards and too many options hinder progress to a degree and cause general confusion in newer technologies.

But things will change as they always do