Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1219202122

Thread: What's on your mind ?

I was supposed to be finishing my Masters this year, but the pandemic has turned things upside down. We're still getting reading lists mailed to us, so there's that. Paying attention has been the problem. Too many distractions and some anxiety are not helping either. For instance, for our introductory course on research methodologies, there's supposed to be a module on quantitative methods and reasoning. Not my cup of tea at all. This Monday we received a mail with some 101 readings on z-scores in statistics, and I have no motivation to take on this one. It feels like I should have known a little bit about this prior to this class. It's got me thinking about doing something purely qualitative for my thesis. Not sure if my advisor would agree to that, though.

2. Lounge   -   #212
    Gribley's Avatar On a hate list
    Quote Originally Posted by laughs View Post
    a module on quantitative methods and reasoning
    Really? OK so you have instinct, self awareness and morals. Join those three and what more do you need. Anyway gl on whatever Z-score thing is happening... include me as a random variable.

3. Lounge   -   #213
    Quote Originally Posted by Gribley View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by laughs View Post
    a module on quantitative methods and reasoning
    Really? OK so you have instinct, self awareness and morals. Join those three and what more do you need. Anyway gl on whatever Z-score thing is happening... include me as a random variable.
    I know, I gotta just suck it up and put my mind to it to try and understand it as best as I can -- that's the first step, then assess my preliminary understand, and so and so forth. Thanks for the luck!

4. Lounge   -   #214
    This is indescribable shit to be honest

5. Lounge   -   #215
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Quote Originally Posted by sallysparr0w View Post
    This is indescribable shit to be honest
    If you're talking about the current situation, pretty much, yeah.

Actiually overheard somsone say "aren't we supposed to be beyond this sort of stuff?" the other day.

A sixty-something person, yet to tumble to the human penchant for stoopid.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1219202122