Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Charmed (2018)

Life was a great show. The end seemed rushed. Assume they knew the show was getting axed. What a piece of ass Sarah was, still is. I'll only watch the Charlie Sheen episodes, also. I don't watch reality shows, unless you count Forged In Fire. I have yet to watch Mad Men. I have the complete series ready to go. When I finish watching Stargate SG-1 (which I haven't watched since the show first aired), I might just start Mad Men. I couldn't get into the new Hawaii Five-O. I can't stand Caan.

2. Movies & TV   -   #12
    Poster
    Remake should work like tributes.
    Not that kind of thing that adapts the scenes and dialogues for teens.

Something new, but inspired by the original, with the core elements. Take Lost in Space, for instance, or House of Cards.

3. Movies & TV   -   #13
    Lost In Space might work since many people are too young to have seen the original. I watched it as a kid. It was cheesy, but what do you expect for 1960's TV. House of Cards works because the original show was British.

4. Movies & TV   -   #14
    nQQ's Avatar Poster
    It really depends how they tackle the remake i.e. same idea/plot lines with new cast or new ideas/stories but bast on the characters/situations.

SG-1 was good but many of the follow ups simply rehashed stories from SG-1

5. Movies & TV   -   #15
    I really liked SG-Atlantis. I could have watched another 4-5 seasons. It was better than SG-1 after Hammond left. Never watched Stargate-Universe (looked stupid).

6. Movies & TV   -   #16
    Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by MacGyverSG1 View Post
    Lost In Space might work since many people are too young to have seen the original. I watched it as a kid. It was cheesy, but what do you expect for 1960's TV. House of Cards works because the original show was British.
    It can be true, but we may not think and judge anachronistically. We can't expect the plots from the 90's to be used in 2018.

7. Movies & TV   -   #17
    nQQ's Avatar Poster
    It depends if its a simple remake or reenvisaged. I remember Sabrina the teenage Witch so when this remake was mooted, was going to pass it by but the reviews were good in that it is more faithful to the original archie comic. Strangely there have been a few grumbles because its no longer a light hearted comedy and that they've changed things from the original TV series (back to being more in line with the graphic novel).

8. Movies & TV   -   #18
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    The question is being faithful to an Archie comic actually a good thing? Kind sad that CW teen pap has invaded original Netflix shows now as well.
    Respect my lack of authority.

9. Movies & TV   -   #19
    Unfortunately the studios don't care about quality, it's all about profit. It's why good shows get canceled and bad shows continue airing.

10. Movies & TV   -   #20
    nQQ's Avatar Poster
    A "good show" is very subjective though - I've worked my way through a lot of the Marvel shows on Netflix, but the missus thinks they are pap. Though tbh quality has gone down on these as they are being churned out to a formula.

The problem has been a lot of "good" shows are fairly niche market and so whilst they have a dedicated following may get axed because the viewing figures are not as expected.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast