Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Really just a dude with long hair in a women's race...

megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    So, this happened... https://www.foxnews.com/sports/not-f...oman-wins-gold

Rachel McKinnon won a women's cycling race, and the 3rd place winner cried 'unfair'.

'Rachel' is still totally a biological male, but has received legal transgender status as a female.

Here's Rachel's argument on why this is fair (and legal):

I am all for gay/transgender rights and protections (marriage, adoption, restroom use), however... this is no more fair than this:

Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #2
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    A very simple solution would be to put all transgenders in the mental hospitals where they belong.

Mack Beggs case is interesting because if a "normal" girl were to be found taking testosterone, she would immediately be banned.

Then there's this. Less said the better.

All personal prejudices against eww aside, I don't even think Caster Semenya is fair as the stride pattern is that of a man and not a woman.

OK, now come at me liberals.
    Last edited by IdolEyes787; 10-21-2018 at 04:16 PM.
    Respect my lack of authority.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #3
    As she/he has a PhD in Philosophy but is pretentious/delusional to still insist on identifying herself/himself as a doctor so at least there is consistency to the madness.

Btw someone prove to me that any meaningful percentage of transgenders have a physical basis for wanting to do this and not just because of deep psychological issues and that it's attention getting and sort of trendy right now and I will happily shut the fuck up.
    Last edited by IdolEyes787; 10-21-2018 at 04:26 PM.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #4
    The interesting thing about the wrestler, Mack Beggs, is that she/he *wanted* to wrestle as a male, but was required to compete against women because of birth certificate (Texas rule).

All the rest, *everyone* watching *everywhere* is thinking, "That's a *duuuuude!!!" And the results are showing that men are competing against women in women's sports-- and 'winning'.
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #5
    I don't know why people really care. It's just sports. It's entertainment. There are more important things going on. These things are just distractions to keep our attention away from the real issues. Politics 101.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #6
    It's entirely about politics. Sports just happen to be the milieu.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by MacGyverSG1 View Post
    I don't know why people really care. It's just sports. It's entertainment. There are more important things going on. These things are just distractions to keep our attention away from the real issues. Politics 101.
    I miss the simpler times when topics like this were important-- we now have so many bizarre things to worry about that this barely gets attention.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #8
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    The fact that they enter these competitions knowing commonsensically that they have an unfair advantage is a bit of a dick move. (see what i did there) I also find it odd that the organizational bodies allow this to go on. Maybe they just don't want the drama or lawsuits or whatever else might follow from not allowing this sort of thing, but the entire situation just seems obviously dumb.

yo

9. The Drawing Room   -   #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Skiz View Post
    The fact that they enter these competitions knowing commonsensically that they have an unfair advantage is a bit of a dick move.
    Yes, good point. Let's ban all basketball player over 6'8" and all linemen over 300 lbs , the freaks.

Advantages, fair or otherwise are the nature of competition. I think the transgender debate stands out because it's more along the lines of cheating nature.
    Last edited by IdolEyes787; 10-22-2018 at 04:57 PM.

10. The Drawing Room   -   #10
    One of 'Rachel's' arguments was that there was no requirement for painful and invasive surgeries in order to change the genitals (Bruce is like this )-- which means that we are talking about steroid/testosterone-injected crossdressers competing in women's sports. No wonder they're 'winning'...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast