Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone Watch Preacher?

I plan on getting copies of Season 4 episodes as it airs and then watch the entire series when it finishes. I saw Season 1 when it aired, but haven't kept up with the rest of the series.

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    I watched it and enjoyed it quite a bit. Way more ridiculous than most typical tv shows, seems closer to anime with all the wacky stuff that sometimes happens there, but it definitely has some serious moments too.

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    Caballero's Avatar Hung Like A Horse
    I thought they kind of lost their way in the last season. I haven't watched 401 and 402, yet, and am certainly willing to give it a shot, but my expectations are limited...

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    First two episodes of Season 4 are action scenes in search of a plot. Series has been little more than a hate watch since the high point of the motel fight scene in Season 1.
    Respect my lack of authority.

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    Sounds like the problem most TV shows have these days. Come up with a good idea for a show, then run out of ideas after season one.

Isn't the show based on a comic? Have they used up all ideas from the comic?

I'll still probably watch it. Not that many episodes to watch and I have quality copies already.

6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by MacGyverSG1 View Post
    Sounds like the problem most TV shows have these days. Come up with a good idea for a show, then run out of ideas after season one.

Isn't the show based on a comic? Have they used up all ideas from the comic?

I'll still probably watch it. Not that many episodes to watch and I have quality copies already.
    It's like The Boys from the same people in that they use a lot of the same general ideas and then tone and done and consequently make it a lot worse for TV/ mass consumption. Neither Preacher or The Boys was orginally intended to be user friendly. That was their whole point. I think in the case of Preacher though the endings will basically be identical to the comic as that will work.
    Last edited by IdolEyes787; 08-08-2019 at 03:33 PM.
    Respect my lack of authority.

7. Movies & TV   -   #7
    I have not watched it past the first season.

8. Movies & TV   -   #8
    watched all seasons
    i wonder what kind of god is this :-)

9. Movies & TV   -   #9
    I have watched a few episodes, but thought it was a little too weird for me personnally

10. Movies & TV   -   #10
    Weird is good. The shit on TV these days is boring and predictable. They have all become nighttime soap operas.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast