Page 1 of 14 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: So, Who Are You...

SniperInTheShadows's Avatar Poster
    I've noticed that there's a fair few peep's who post the occasional message but don't seem very sure if they're actually noticed or not, so I thought this might be a good idea to help everyone get to know each other a bit better and find something in common with other's, hopefully it'll help some peep's find their footing here and enjoy the time they spend here alot more

It's simple enough to do, simply tell everyone a little about yourself that your willing to share, such as what you like and what your hobbies are (I know that the profiles already do that a bit, but here you can be more specific) and such

You don't have to go into alot of detail or anything like that if you don't want to

Plz try not to flame or spam, let's keep it nice and friendly plz everyone, thank's in advance to those that stick to doing so

I'll start -

My nick is SniperInTheShadows, but i've started just calling myself Sniper (it's shorter and easier to type lol) and is what I prefer to be called now

I'm 28 year's ancient, and my Birthday's in October (for now that's as specific as i'll get)

I enjoy movies (virtualy any kind, i'm one of these peep's that can enjoy movies that other's find crap lol I especially enjoy Sci-Fi and Comedies though)

I enjoy music (my favorite artist's are LTJ Bukem (Intelligent Drum and Bass), Sophie Ellis-Bextor (Not sure what category her style fall's under, but I love "Move This Mountain", "Sparkle" and "The Universe Is You") and Paul Oakenfold (Goa and Trance style, favorite tune so far is "The Harder They Come" feat. Nelly Furtardo and Tricky)

And I enjoy games (PSX - "Bust A Move 2", "Tekken 2", "Rage Racer", "Wipeout 2097" and "ISS Pro Evolution Soccer", Dreamcast - "MDK 2" and "Ready 2 Rumble 2" are my fave's at the moment, and PC - "Unreal Tournament" and "Half Life - Counter-Strike and Deathmatch" and a few other's)

I don't have too many hobbies, but I do enjoy drawing (when I actually bother lol) and reading Comics (X-Men and Deadpool), plus watching football

Bad habit's - Drinking ton's of tea and smoking a fair bit

Good habit's - Is there such a thing? lol

I recently split up with my GF who I was with for 4 year's, and have been through a very difficult time (have been for about 2 year's with how thing's were changing in the relationship, but I was holding on trying to keep the relationship together as I loved her and believed I could make it all work again but in the end it got to much for me ) coming to term's with it (especially on top as Christmas as I was praying to be spending it with her ), but spending time here on the forum has helped me alot as it's taken my mind of thing's a few times and Ozbabe has really helped cheer me up yesterday and that's helped more than anyone and anything else has

My parent's divorced when I was, soz but my memory isn't too good lol, about 18 and it was one of the most traumatic times of my life emotionally I've still not totaly come to term's with it and I don't think I ever will completely come to term's with it, but my mother's now married to someone who make's her incredibly happy and he's also been more of a father to me and my sister than my real father ever was! I no longer have contact with my real father, as I was unfortunate in a sense in that I lived with my parent's during the month's before they split and I saw what was going on and when everything exploded I was there to see my father do something I will !never! forgive him for doing, he struck my mother across the face even though she has a bad spine and couldn't defend herself!! :.......( If I never see my father again it will be too soon!!

Ok, I think that's enough for now, didn't realise how long this was getting and it's only the opening post for this thread lol Soz if i've bored everyone to death lol

I hope that help's at least some peep's understand me a little better

Sniper.

2. Lounge   -   #2
    pusher's Avatar The New Moral
    Okay I'm game,

My handle is pusher because it's-and I know this is going to sound really cheesey- my favorite X-Files character. Look to my avatar in order to see the character.

I'm a big TV junkie. Some of my favorite shows are X-Files, My So-Called Life, CSI, blah blah....

I'm also a big music buff. I listen to everything from ambient to rap. Some of my favorite groups/bands/artists are; Smashing Pumpkins, Nic Endo, Alec Empire, Talking Heads, Peter Gabriel, Fischerspooner, Brian Eno, Vangelis, Vince Gill, etc, etc..

I write poetry whenever I get bored or inspired.

I don't play many video games and when I do my weapons of choice are the SNES or N64. I also play pinball although not very often because when I do play it I lose all sense of time and space and the days become a blur.

I'm a Leo

One habit ,which I'm actually kind of glad to have, is I like pay attention to the underappreciated. Say for example if someone thinks something is really terrible, I have to check it out because I live for what other people think as mediocre.

That's it from me. If you want to know anything else, ask.

(and sorry to hear about your break-up Sniper. If you ever need cheesey feel good pop music suggestions feel free to ask )
    The color of this signature is really blue. If you see otherwise, please adjust your monitor settings.

3. Lounge   -   #3
    SniperInTheShadows's Avatar Poster
    @ pusher - Thank's for being game and sharing

I don't think your choosing that nick is as cheesy as you believe, as there's alot of people here who choose their nick's based on TV/Movie/Music actor's, show's and artist's aswell My nick is based on my preference of using Sniper Riffle's in games, and that could be considered more cheesy than your's by some but I don't care lol

TV Junkie is cool (mine's on almost all the time )

Similair view's on music as mine, and I recognize some of your fave artist's - Smashing Pumpkin's (Though not my personal taste), Alec Empire (isn't that D&B?), Peter Gabriel (I can only remember one song of his, was a duet with someone, and it's a beautiful song When I remember the title i'll edit it in ) and Vangelis (I don't think there's many people that haven't heard of him, classical music isn't it?)

I've dabbled in poetry before but not for a fair time

lol @ the games comment, I guess there's a few game's your addicted to in a sense?

Leo is the Lion isn't it?

That's quite a respectable habbit really, meaning I respect you for doing that as most people just pass over thing's that other's say are terrible/rubbish when they could be missing out on something that they would find brilliant and interesting

Thank's concerning sentiment over the breakup It's not easy for me as my heart's alway's ruled my life, but it help's when people understand and show they care

As for the cheesy pop music, I think i'll most likely pass on that as that style drive's me crazy usually lol Thank's though lol

Sniper.

4. Lounge   -   #4
    Keikan's Avatar ........
    I don't like cheese and the girl in my avatar is hot
    Ohh noo!!! I make dribbles!!!

5. Lounge   -   #5
    I dont know who i am...

Dr.Phil has to help me find my authentic self

6. Lounge   -   #6
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by Keikan@26 November 2003 - 10:05
    I don't like cheese and the girl in my avatar is hot
    What's wrong with cheese?

7. Lounge   -   #7
    Honey's Avatar unbreakable
    Okay... you want to know a little about me huh?..

I live in Perth, Western Australia... in my opinion .. paradise!.. I was married, i'm now not, but that's as much as i intend to talk about THAT!

My age?... damn... i remember my Nan telling me that ladies NEVER gave their age, so keep guessing!!.. (besides its more fun that way&#33 Suffice to say I'm old enough to know exactly what i want and how to get it!!!.. (anyone have the lotto numbers for this week?)...

I have children, a dog and a canary who's supposed to sing but hasn't progressed beyond "Eeeep".. yet... so yes.. that's his name.

I particularly love music, though I can't honestly say i like any one singer or group in particular. I love all types of music too though I can't say Im an affectionado of Rap or heavy metal. (Remember, i like romance, slow and sensual is GOOD&#33 I have a real liking for classical music because i find it extremely relaxing and spirit healing, and that's something i tend to strive for.

I work with the intellecually handicapped, but did spend a few years working with troubled youth but needed a change of scenery.

I love animals... horses in particular..
    I like to read, love long walks along the beach, picnics, absolutely love spending time with my family, both offline and online... and i love going to the football in the winter and watching MY team.

I was born on the 21st May so im supposed to be a Gemini/Taurus cusp... though... for sure im a Taurus through and through... stubborn as all hell!..

Guess that's about it really... at the end of the day, im just me!...

8. Lounge   -   #8
    AussieSheila's Avatar Dazed & Confused
    Hi Honey! *hugs* I lived in Perth for 3 fabulous, outrageous years. It is most surely paradise.

Well, I'm Andie and I live on the far north coast of NSW in Australia. And basically this is who I am.

Andie

9. Lounge   -   #9
    UKMan's Avatar Poster
    Hello Sheila (Andie) ...oh and everyone else of course

Well, i'm UKMan, but you can call me UK - i don't mind B)

I'm a dad, and a grandad - all girls....amazing, but the best thing that ever happened to me i suppose.
    I live in Sweden and have had music as my main line of work for many years.
    That all changed a few years back so now i'm just living on memories

I'm a big fan of all 60's - 80's rock/folk/country-rock.

Single nudge nudge..... actually not looking around just yet.
    I take each day as it comes and goes - sense of humour...

This is beginning to sound like "Match Mate".......

Peace
    UKMan

10. Lounge   -   #10
    Honey's Avatar unbreakable
    hiya Andie.. *hugs*

and hiya UK... *hugs*

good some of remember there are others around...

Page 1 of 14 123411 ... LastLast