Thread: Resuming Download

Hi,

I have been downloading some files before when I was using KMD, now changed to Klite++. however, a lot of my partial downloads are not resuming anymore, using KDat shows only one or two sources for this files and it seems that these sources are no longer around cos it just shows "more sources needed" in Traffic view. Selecting "find more sources for download" doesn't help at all cos no new sources are found. What can I do? I just can't believe that there are just 1 or 2 out of millions of users sharing these files only.

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    what file is it, if its rare if might take awhile...go into kdat and delete the soruces and restart kazaa

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Autumn Fox's Avatar n00b
    Originally posted by TheFilePirater@7 December 2003 - 00:29
    (...)go into kdat and delete the soruces and restart kazaa
    Don't do that. If you delete all of the sources the download will fail. Insted make another search for thoes files and start downloading them again, but don't delete the old ones. Now Lunch K-Dat, find the two downloads of the same file (the outcome size have to be the same) and merge their sources. (In K-Dat select from the list the two d/l of the same file, right click then merge sources and in the window which will open move the old d/l to the right part (check how much sources it had) and leave the new d/l in the left part, now click merge) After you merge sources, delete the new download and resume the old one.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Originally posted by TheFilePirater@7 December 2003 - 06:29
    what file is it, if its rare if might take awhile...
    Most probably, that always happens to me. Specially if the file is rare.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Autumn Fox's Avatar n00b
    Originally posted by camille+7 December 2003 - 05:17--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (camille @ 7 December 2003 - 05:17)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-TheFilePirater@7 December 2003 - 06:29
    what file is it, if its rare if might take awhile...
    Most probably, that always happens to me. Specially if the file is rare. [/b][/quote]
    And if you lay your hands on a rare file, you must share it.

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Me, I published in the board for hash.

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    I&#39;m not sure if those files I&#39;m downloading are considered rare? they are mainly chinese MTV or KTV music videos.

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    BANNED
    Originally posted by rickolh@6 December 2003 - 19:28
    Hi,

I have been downloading some files before when I was using KMD, now changed to Klite++. however, a lot of my partial downloads are not resuming anymore, using KDat shows only one or two sources for this files and it seems that these sources are no longer around cos it just shows "more sources needed" in Traffic view. Selecting "find more sources for download" doesn&#39;t help at all cos no new sources are found. What can I do? I just can&#39;t believe that there are just 1 or 2 out of millions of users sharing these files only.
    your download speed depends on the # of sources for it and their upload speed, anddon&#39;t be fooled by whatyou see in the search window they are not an indication of who is available for connection so change supernodes to see if you get lucky, also use localized supernodes, also try changing ports, and lower your upload bandwidth,remove the no ip sources from your dat files and see if it helps