Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Lounge Lizards Please Read....

UKMan's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by Billy_Dean@26 November 2003 - 15:14
    I think there should be a whole area for nOObs. Give them somewhere to talk to each other for a month before they venture out onto the big board for good. Don't let anyone in who's been here for more than a month. Base it on their sign-up date, after one month they can't access the area any more. They can still access the rest of the board during the month, but will have other nOObs to talk to and gain confidence.

If i remember correctly, a similar idea like that was suggested way back. Its not THAT bad an idea actually

2. Lounge   -   #12
    AussieSheila's Avatar Dazed & Confused
    UKMan! You blew it for me! I posted in your bloody thread and it's a real post, I'm not on 69 anymore!

aaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. Lounge   -   #13
    UKMan's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by AussieSheila@26 November 2003 - 15:16
    UKMan! You blew it for me! I posted in your bloody thread and it's a real post, I'm not on 69 anymore!

aaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    n00bs -

You'll allways be a 69 to me Andie

4. Lounge   -   #14
    cowswithguns's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by Billy_Dean@27 November 2003 - 00:14
    I think there should be a whole area for nOObs.  Give them somewhere to talk to each other for a month before they venture out onto the big board for good. Don't let anyone in who's been here for more than a month.  Base it on their sign-up date, after one month they can't access the area any more.  They can still access the rest of the board during the month, but will have other nOObs to talk to and gain confidence.

Great idea BD but you'd have to make sure the regular lounge lizards didn't venture into there and cause havoc.............

Edit: Ooops..maybe I should've read BD's post slowly....I guess access would be restricted for the regulars :">

5. Lounge   -   #15
    Yogi's Avatar Super Undulator
    Originally posted by UKMan+26 November 2003 - 16:15--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (UKMan @ 26 November 2003 - 16:15)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Billy_Dean@26 November 2003 - 15:14
    I think there should be a whole area for nOObs.&nbsp; Give them somewhere to talk to each other for a month before they venture out onto the big board for good. Don&#39;t let anyone in who&#39;s been here for more than a month.&nbsp; Base it on their sign-up date, after one month they can&#39;t access the area any more.&nbsp; They can still access the rest of the board during the month, but will have other nOObs to talk to and gain confidence.

If i remember correctly, a similar idea like that was suggested way back. Its not THAT bad an idea actually [/b][/quote]
    I totally support the idea of BD&#33;&#33;&#33;

Yogi

6. Lounge   -   #16

7. Lounge   -   #17
    cowswithguns's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by AussieSheila@27 November 2003 - 00:22
    Don&#39;t cry Sheila....you&#39;ll always be a 69 in spirit

8. Lounge   -   #18
    Don&#39;t you love the way we jump on to a thread titled lounge lizards?

I&#39;m ok now, can&#39;t believe I did it, I have the alter ego for such situations&#33;

9. Lounge   -   #19
    Forum Star
    Originally posted by Billy_Dean@26 November 2003 - 14:14
    I think there should be a whole area for nOObs.&nbsp; Give them somewhere to talk to each other for a month before they venture out onto the big board for good. Don&#39;t let anyone in who&#39;s been here for more than a month.&nbsp; Base it on their sign-up date, after one month they can&#39;t access the area any more.&nbsp; They can still access the rest of the board during the month, but will have other nOObs to talk to and gain confidence.

thats a joke right

what you would be trying to accomplish, ie bring people &#39;out of their shell&#39; or &#39; give confidence&#39; etc can be done just as well in here as anywhere. peoples characters would emerge just the same, some funny, some aggressive, some ....

if i visited a board for the first time to find that i had to go through some kind of nursey stage before i could join in with the big boys id be like....&#39;f*ck that&#39;

if people want to post then they post, whats the big deal. and how do you qualify as a n00b, this is supposed to be a forum about filesharing / computers etc. - if i joined when i did and someone joined today it doesnt mean i know more or are more qualified to make posts about software / whatever

10. Lounge   -   #20
    Yogi's Avatar Super Undulator
    Edit: Forget my remark here.

No intention bashing UKmans idea.

His intention is very good.

Sorry, Ukman.

Yogi

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast