Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678

Thread: Lounge Lizards Please Read....

BANNED
    would be nice but ya know 1 step at a time lol half the board would be under moderation if the rule about harassing the noobs was a rule back then including a moderator

2. Lounge   -   #72
    AussieSheila's Avatar Dazed & Confused
    Originally posted by hobbes@27 November 2003 - 11:43
    Proposal by Hobbes

1. A New Arrivals or Introduce Yourself section is a rather standard part of most forums.  This is distinct from the General Discussion section.

2. The first experience a person has on a forum, can have quite an influence on their desire to stay.  When noobs come to the general lounge and "re-invent the wheel" there, the more senior people sometimes snap because they are tired of the same old questions and telling people to read the fucking FAQ.

3. The Arrival section would allow these rookies to get these awkward first posts out of the way in a forgiving environment, learn how to post on an online forum, and get to observe the lounge, as they learn the interpersonal "dynamics". (oh he's nice, oh, he's a joker, what the fuck is BD's problem, etc.).

4. I think everyone should be allowed to post in any forum at any time.  I will probably never enter the Noob section unless I am feeling all warm and fuzzy or something.

5. Any regular who enters there routinely to aggrevate the noobs, will be easily spotted as "a total ass" and will soon be on moderation.

So I propose a Welcome Forum, which can be visited by the regulars who feel altruistic and give noobs a chance to feel comfortable.  This will also keep those aggravating noob-type posts out of the lounge.
    Well that sounds really good Hobbes! I think it could work.

Sowwy bout the smilies... can't seem to help myself.

Anyway I need them for these bits.

I will probably never enter the Noob section unless I am feeling all warm and fuzzy or something.

(oh he's nice, oh, he's a joker, what the fuck is BD's problem, etc.).

Seriously, sounds good.

UKMan, I put your 'what is it' in Guess The Pic B)

3. Lounge   -   #73
    BANNED

4. Lounge   -   #74
    SniperInTheShadows's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by Ozbabe@26 November 2003 - 17:07
    i asked the question Sniper babe, coz i couldnt do what the FAQ's said... and i was getting frustrated with it all..

anyways... nite nite hon... catch up with you tomorrow or in the morning or something...
    Hi Honey, i'm up

Understood about getting frustrated, as its easy to get like that when thing's don't work like their ment to

Perhap's when a member has signed up they could be taken directly to a guide to the forum, with a menu which will answer all their questions, and then after they've read it (and hopefully bookmarked it) they can move on to the room's?

As for the names 'noob' and 'newbie', how about changing them to 'boob' and 'boobies', would at least be more of a laugh for the guy's heh Or, more seriously, something like "Fresher" (as in they've not been tainted by all the sex talk yet heh ) or something, i'm not really sure as i've only been up 5 minutes and it take's my mind about 5 hour's to start working slightly lol

Well, i've got some waking up to do so i'm going to stop using my mind now as I can already smell bacon cooking, and will just read some threads for now and spam.. I mean reply, yea, that's what I ment heh ... to them in a while (unless I find any that I can't resist replying to lol)

Have a great morning/afternoon/evening/night all wherever you are

!Hugs Ozbabe Honey :* !

Sniper. (Once my eye's aren't so blurry still from just waking i'll look in a mirror to clarify it's really me lol)

5. Lounge   -   #75
    BANNED
    boobies

6. Lounge   -   #76
    Oh shit can we please at least be not PC?

A newbie or a nOObie, I don't think it's insulting. It's descriptive that's all.

B)

And why don't you boys go and make a thread where you say boobies over and over, alternating with the occasional tits or knockers. You could have a competition to see who can come up with the most names.

7. Lounge   -   #77
    BANNED
    open it 4 us

8. Lounge   -   #78
    LMAO! Okay, but it might be a while, I've got things to do. But I will, you look out for it.

9. Lounge   -   #79
    SniperInTheShadows's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by AussieSheila@27 November 2003 - 04:35
    Oh shit can we please at least be not PC?

A newbie or a nOObie, I don't think it's insulting. It's descriptive that's all.

B)

And why don't you boys go and make a thread where you say boobies over and over, alternating with the occasional tits or knockers. You could have a competition to see who can come up with the most names.

heh I like your way of thinking Working on it right now heh

Sniper.

EDIT : Done Alternative names for breasts

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678