Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Lounge Lizards Please Read....

Honey's Avatar unbreakable
    okay... jumping into the fray... coz im like that...

BD.. luv ya heaps... but i dont think your idea is a good one... sorry hon... i think angs is much better!

like i said earlier if it hadnt been for knowing you lot there is NO way i would have posted... not even in a newbie room... which btw... i find a little ummm nasty to be called... it makes me feel like ive got something contagious!...

the thread set up for me by shared was a great idea.. it let me stay in my own little space without venturing out unless i wanted to... a NEWCOMER intro thread would be nice...

2. Lounge   -   #42
    BANNED
    It doesn't matter where you put a thread, if the idiots on this board are allowed in they will flame and abuse. Saying be nice to them is so naive it doesn't warrant thinking about. Look at the very early threads on the forum, from last year even, it's always been a problem, and it won't go away. There are supposedly 55,000 + members, where are they? The truth is, most members don't come back, and plenty of them have told us why. Honey, you had a whole bunch of friends here before you signed up, and friends of friends who posted in that thread, that's not the reality for most people. I still think they should be given an area of their own, to use if they wish. Somewhere they are able to tell each other of their experiences, and ask questions without being told to read the fucking FAQ.

3. Lounge   -   #43
    SniperInTheShadows's Avatar Poster
    I'm a 'newbie' (Soz for using this word Honey but i'm being specific so everyone know's what i'm on about) in a sense given that i've only really been very active on the board for the last few week's, but i've got an idea that could work -

A 'newbie' room where they can post what they like, but they're limited to posting in that room for a week/few week's/month (meaning unable to post outside of the room unless they talk to a mod/friend who then talk's to a mod and their status is changed), but in order to help them out the room is moderated by a few of the more knowledgeable peep's who have been here a while and would be willing to do that in order to help them with their question's. They would be able to view the other section's of the board, it would help as they could possibly find answer's that way (it would possibly encourage them to do that more than just posting a question without even looking), but unable to post in any other sections.

It doesn't have to work exactly like that, it's just an idea that could do with a little work on detail's etc

That's my 2 cent's on this

Sniper.

EDIT : I finished a sentence unfinished lol

4. Lounge   -   #44
    UKMan's Avatar Poster
    Keep these ideas coming people - the sub-title has been changed anyways to try to be a bit more inviting Whether they stay or not, is another story - but its a start.

Peace
    UKMan

5. Lounge   -   #45
    Originally posted by Billy_Dean@27 November 2003 - 00:24
    Honey, you had a whole bunch of friends here before you signed up, and friends of friends who posted in that thread, that's not the reality for most people. I still think they should be given an area of their own, to use if they wish. Somewhere they are able to tell each other of their experiences, and ask questions without being told to read the fucking FAQ.

my point exactly BD... i said if it hadnt been for you guys i would have hightailed it out of here for sure... day 1...

i mean even I tried to read the FAQ and lost my way in there too... honestly i felt so stupid making my first post regarding profiles...

6. Lounge   -   #46
    SniperInTheShadows's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by Ozbabe@26 November 2003 - 16:51
    my point exactly BD... i said if it hadnt been for you guys i would have hightailed it out of here for sure... day 1...

i mean even I tried to read the FAQ and lost my way in there too... honestly i felt so stupid making my first post regarding profiles...
    You tried reading them though

I only found out about a month ago how to change the bit of text under my avatar, and that was only because I read a post about it lol So there's alway's going to be question's that even peep's who have been here a while might come up with

Well, i'm going bed soon so night all, be naughty and i'll speak to ya all later

Night Ozbabe Honey :*

Sniper.

7. Lounge   -   #47
    i asked the question Sniper babe, coz i couldnt do what the FAQ's said... and i was getting frustrated with it all..

anyways... nite nite hon... catch up with you tomorrow or in the morning or something...

8. Lounge   -   #48
    namzuf9's Avatar Poster
    How about a n00b room moderated by Funky Carpicorn, he's real good at breaking them in! Well he took my cherry anyway (so to speak)

Seriously though it doesnt matter how long you've been here people can be dicks and will continue to be so.
    But us lounge lizards are great people with a strange sense of humour so maybe we should just have a pinned explaining that when we take the piss its just for fun

I think maybe a lounge sub forum with the heading "introduce yourself" would be nice (I'm not sure if some one suggested this before, cant be arsed to read back)

9. Lounge   -   #49
    UKMan's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by namzuf9@26 November 2003 - 18:13
    How about a n00b room moderated by Funky Carpicorn, he's real good at breaking them in! Well he took my cherry anyway (so to speak)

Seriously though it doesnt matter how long you've been here people can be dicks and will continue to be so.
    But us lounge lizards are great people with a strange sense of humour so maybe we should just have a pinned explaining that when we take the piss its just for fun

I think maybe a lounge sub forum with the heading "introduce yourself" would be nice (I'm not sure if some one suggested this before, cant be arsed to read back)
    sub-title allready changed - now you dont have to scroll up

10. Lounge   -   #50
    namzuf9's Avatar Poster
    I'm slow today

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast