Thread: Mortal Engines (2018)

Who else thinks this movie looks terrible? I think a lot of people will go see it just because Peter Jackson worked on the screenplay.

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    It's hard for any movie to be good where the primary focus seems to be on the FX.

People will say "but duh, sci-fi something something" but the best sci-fi still revolves around character and plot. Also a lot of recent movies could benefit from slowing down and not being so fuckin hyper-kinetic.

The phrase is stop and smell the roses, not run screaming past the roses while being chased by a pack of giant cg robots.
    Respect my lack of authority.

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    The entire premise seems lame. In any post-apocalyptic world, resources are going to be scarce because...well... Apocalypse. Nothing says efficiency like driving a fucking city megapolis around like a tank. Also... were geographical features destroyed during this cataclysm, or is London driving around mountains, oceans, etc.?
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    It's hard for any movie to be good where the primary focus seems to be on the FX.

People will say "but duh, sci-fi something something" but the best sci-fi still revolves around character and plot. Also a lot of recent movies could benefit from slowing down and not being so fuckin hyper-kinetic.

The phrase is stop and smell the roses, not run screaming past the roses while being chased by a pack of giant cg robots.
    People want instant gratification all the time. If a movie has a slower pace and makes you think, people will get bored. Probably the reason why Michael Bay movies are liked these days. I prefer movies without FX.

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    Chill out guys, these movies are mostly base on fantasy rather then technology so that we can enjoy them as something utterly impossible to happen in our life span and awed at the extraordinary visuals that our modern tech can made look real. But I agree that a decent story can also make them memorable and more fun to watch like Matrix and Star Trek and Star Wars.

6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    Gribley's Avatar On a hate list
    Now I like Max. Punish away, I don`t even know the film

7. Movies & TV   -   #7
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    If the medium is indeed the message then it is telling Max that he has piss for brains.
    Respect my lack of authority.

8. Movies & TV   -   #8
    Not nearly as bad as some say, but probably would've been better off as a series in order to let the characters breathe more. Too much squeezed in.