Thread: Free Host To Host Forum

Regular Member BT Rep: +5
    Hey. some of you may remember last week i asked around on how to set up a forum...you helpful ppl gave me some good links like Invision power board, phb etc. well now i have Invision board but i need a place to host it. my webspace which i get with my isp seems not to have php or my sql...thats why my board doesnt work.
    so i need a host which will host my forum for free with the following spec:
    it has to have php
    it has to have my sql
    needs ftp so ican upload all the forum board files including the templates...php templates.

links will helpful. thanks

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    come on ppl help me out !

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Illuminati's Avatar Simple Bystander BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Depends on how much you want to do to get your forum set up. The three below are ones I've used in the past and my experiences with each

InvisionFree - Pretty simple to use, this pretty much baby-feeds you by limiting the amount of things you can do with it. Server uptime has been dodgy in the past and IF forums come with banner ads as standard. Steer clear if you can use another service
    ibforfree.com - Far superior IMO to InvisionFree, this will automatically sort out a lot of the stuff and is a bit more liberal than InvisionFree (e.g. IBforFree offer about 30 skins as standard ). Use if all you're looking for is either "a forum" or "your first forum"
    AS Hosting - 10 MySQL databases, PHP, FTP access. The only snag is that registrations are only limited to Fridays 8pm GMT for about an hour (possibly more). Use this one if you want to install and fully manage the forum yourself - But if you haven't installed forums before, leave yourself about 2-3 hours for snags etc

Hope they help

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    vivitron 15's Avatar Poster
    well i was gonna help, but ffs, leave it more than 40minutes...thats just plain rude; people dont come in here at your beck and call
    <insert signature here>

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Originally posted by vivitron 15@26 November 2003 - 17:55
    well i was gonna help, but ffs, leave it more than 40minutes...thats just plain rude; people dont come in here at your beck and call
    lol sorry about that. i am in a hurry to get some hosts. if you dont want to hell...well ok i appreciate none of your help. im sorry about it

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Originally posted by Illuminati@26 November 2003 - 17:54

AS Hosting - 10 MySQL databases, PHP, FTP access. The only snag is that registrations are only limited to Fridays 8pm GMT for about an hour (possibly more). Use this one if you want to install and fully manage the forum yourself - But if you haven&#39;t installed forums before, leave yourself about 2-3 hours for snags etc

Hope they help
    do you have to pay for the one i have quoted you saying?

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Illuminati's Avatar Simple Bystander BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Originally posted by chinook_apache+26 November 2003 - 19:01--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (chinook_apache @ 26 November 2003 - 19:01)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Illuminati@26 November 2003 - 17:54

AS Hosting - 10 MySQL databases, PHP, FTP access. The only snag is that registrations are only limited to Fridays 8pm GMT for about an hour (possibly more).&nbsp; Use this one if you want to install and fully manage the forum yourself - But if you haven&#39;t installed forums before, leave yourself about 2-3 hours for snags etc

Hope they help
    do you have to pay for the one i have quoted you saying? [/b][/quote]
    Nope - It&#39;s free. I use it myself

But like I said, registration is limited to that time - Reason is that the rest of the week is spent managing existing customers

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    nice one got any idea on how much bandwidth they give you?

sorry it says it