Thread: Internet Security

Here in Denmark we got news that Microsoft and CA was issuing a free antivirus and firewall program for free (1 year) Its a very good program..try it out :
    http://www.my-etrust.com/microsoft/index.cfm?]CA antivirus free[/URL]

I found a very good program so you can surfe total anonym on the internet,
    itīs called steganos internet anonym 6 pro, It has a limit of 7 days (but uninstall-clean registry, and you can use it again)
    internet anonym B)

If you want to check networks settings and such, try this link:
    ports and networks settings

and last...go to my favorite for getting small (and free) programs to inhance your computers security and for checking ports, messenger and so on:
    the great GRC site

hope you can use it

mike

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Thanks for sharing the links.

Anonymous proxies are not that all anonymous and its really hard to find one.

Check here if you are using that program and find out whether its useful. Real IP/Proxy Reveal
    <span style='color:black'> I am a part of all that I have met - Lord Tennyson</span>
    <span style='color:blue'>Try not to let your mind wander...it is too small and fragile to be out by itself</span>

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Originally posted by I.am@26 November 2003 - 02:41
    Thanks for sharing the links.

Anonymous proxies are not that all anonymous and its really hard to find one.

Check here if you are using that program and find out whether its useful. Real IP/Proxy Reveal
    let me correct something...the reason why I find steganos anonym a very good program, is because itīs a web-based proxy. You donīt have to download a program and run it on your computer.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Poster

Computer Cops Reveal Your IP
    Your real IP: 24.**.**.***
    Your Proxy IP: 24.**.**.***
    Your browser: Netscape
    Your Operating System: Other

Reveal Your TRUE and REMOTE PROXY IPs&#33;
    If you are not behind a proxy, then you will only see a single IP address above which should be yours. However, if you are running behind a remote proxy, then there should be two IP addresses above: your true system IP, and the IP of your remote proxy.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Do you understand well how proxies work? Have you tried going on that link?

Most of these proxy programs which claim to be anonymous are not that anonymous.

You still have to download that program off the internet am I right? It updates the list of anonymous proxies for you to use them. Yes you dont need to run this program on another computer and tunnel through it. What I meant saying was these anonymous proxies have seldom been useful. I have tried using many and there has been only one which proved to be helpful and is for advanced user ....running remotely.

If you are using that program could you check that link and post back if it still shows? If it doesnt then its definetly a good find. I would love to use it
    <span style='color:black'> I am a part of all that I have met - Lord Tennyson</span>
    <span style='color:blue'>Try not to let your mind wander...it is too small and fragile to be out by itself</span>

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    @balamm, what you doin?

What happened? Did it work or not