Thread: Is Bittorrents really safe? Why few countries ban it?

Question Mark

Is Bittorrents really safe? Why few countries ban it?

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    No country "bans" BitTorrent. Some outlaw the unauthorized transfer of copyrighted material, for which BitTorrent (and other P2P protocols/networks) can be a facilitator, but it wasn't designed specifically for that task nor it is illegal per se.

As for your first question, downloading Linux ISOs is super safe But you're going to have to give us some context to get a real answer.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    nQQ's Avatar Poster
    Possibly china could ban it,since they don't like anything that's not controlled. BT is perfectly legal and as stated and used for sharing linux distros etc without straining one server

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    I thought Ch!na liked to steal intellectual property? They like to control information though, not as bad as N.K.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Torrenting carries risks. If you torrent copyrighted material, there’s a chance the authorities will catch and punish you. There is also a risk of downloading infected files. However, by using a VPN, torrenting can made safer.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Double Agent
    if u wish to use bit-torrent for more questionable material, always use a vpn (like expressvpn)

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Currently, uTorrent's software is considered safe and free of dangerous malware. The primary risk of using uTorrent comes not from the software itself, but the risk of downloading dangerous or infected torrents from unknown sources.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Poster
    I've always d/l'd nzb's using a VPN. Is that very risky?

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    This thread is about BitTorrent; see https://filesharingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=462489 for an equivalent discussion about Usenet.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    richasis's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by cwf View Post
    I've always d/l'd nzb's using a VPN. Is that very risky?
    Not in my experience, no... but one must be aware of what one downloads.
    ...and that's more than the prolific posters on FST can say, because... well, they're prolific posters on FST.