Thread: Does mediafire keep the logs of who accessed my account?

Enjayx
    Does mediafire keep logs of who accessed my account. For example, there IP address,browser,etc.

They keep a log for 10 years apparently. However, they also state they delete logs of who accessed and downloaded from your account in 72hours. So I’m a little confused on what’s kept by them and what’s not.

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Email them.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    In this day and age, you'll do best if you assume everything is logged forever. The fact Mediafire recently started displaying each file's upload timestamp and country of origin, even retroactively, should prove this. Their service is good, though!
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Unfortunately the good services get too much attention and disappear eventually.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by MacGyverSG1 View Post
    Unfortunately the good services get too much attention and disappear eventually.
    True. I particularly remember 4everload.com, which promised to host files forever, yet ceased to exist within a few months As have many others.

Mediafire reinvented themselves as a file host-Dropbox clone hybrid with paid service tiers at some point, maybe that's why they were able to survive for so long.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Signing into the MediaFire App. ... Utilize a similar record data that you use to sign into our MediaFire site, including your email address and the secret word you made. On the off chance that you are utilizing MediaFire out of the blue, you should agree to accept a record at MediaFire.com