Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What Is Acdsee32.exe

I'm trying to run a zip file and i get the message that i don't have the acdsee32 program. Is this a program that is part of windows.
    Regardless, how can i obtain it. Also, what is a zip file and why do you unzip it? thanks

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    zapjb's Avatar Computer Abuser BT Rep: +3
    I'll go with what I know. A zip file is a compressed file. Just throwing out fake #s here. Say a file is 10 MB. Zipping or compressing will reduce it's size to 5 MB. (like I said bs #s for example only) You need a program such as WinZip or WinRar or others to unzip (decompress) it.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    RPerry's Avatar Synergy BT Rep: Bad Rep
    Originally posted by freedomseeker@12 February 2003 - 01:40
    I'm trying to run a zip file and i get the message that i don't have the acdsee32 program. Is this a program that is part of windows.
    Regardless, how can i obtain it. Also, what is a zip file and why do you unzip it? thanks
    I belive Acdsee is a program, but nothing to do with windows. I had this once, think it was a viewer program...

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    ACDSee is a multi-featured picture viewing program. Probably the best one around. Their website is: www.acdsystems.com

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    thanks guys i downloaded winzip. i saw acd being advertised for $29.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    1. IrfanView is more powerful than ACDSee.. and it's freeware
    2. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO not another WinZIP user... get WinRAR, it's so much better than WinZIP
    http://www.rarlab.com/

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Nice to know their homepage now, after using it for over a year.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Supernatural's Avatar Poster
    Winrar's only advantage is that it supports *.rar files and Winzip doesn't. I actually prefer Winzip. It seems faster than winrar to me.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Leech_Killer's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by Supernatural@14 February 2003 - 10:59
    Winrar's only advantage is that it supports *.rar files and Winzip doesn't. I actually prefer Winzip. It seems faster than winrar to me.
    WinRar compresses more than Winzip and you can easily make self-extracting files with it. It beats Winzip hands down.

ACDSee is a viewing program you can get a trail version from here:-

http://www.acdsystems.com/English/Products/index.htm

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    If you want to know anything about a program the first step you can take is to go to the site Downloads.
    This is one of the best ( legal ) download sites available. Just type the name of the programs and you'll have a 90% chance that you'll find information there

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast