Thread: Can someone test a usenet post?

I have a NZB for the movie (Dead Awake 2010). I had to repair one file. Unfortunately WinRAR gives me two errors when extracting. Wondering if someone else could download it and see what they get.

Thanks

Dead.Awake.2010.1080p.BluRay.x264-UNTOUCHABLES.nzb
    Last edited by MacGyverSG1; 04-05-2019 at 07:34 AM.

2. Newsgroups   -   #2
    shaina's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by MacGyverSG1 View Post
    I have a NZB for the movie (Dead Awake 2010). I had to repair one file. Unfortunately WinRAR gives me two errors when extracting. Wondering if someone else could download it and see what they get.
    Thanks
    Dead.Awake.2010.1080p.BluRay.x264-UNTOUCHABLES.nzb
    A no go for me MacGyver, it is strange but it seems like it is acting like it needs a password to open up the RAR that gives the error in SFV and Par check

Anyways i assume you want it so i sent you a PM where to go to get a NZB that will work and have the complete Movie...

Shay
    Last edited by shaina; 04-05-2019 at 02:01 PM.

3. Newsgroups   -   #3
    Do you remember which file gave the error? I manually download, repair (if necessary) and extract. I saw one block was needed to fix and grabbed the par file and then repaired. Then I tried to extract and it gave me an error on .r20 (not sure if that is the file that got repaired). I checked the time stamps on the files, but that didn't help. I'm more curious to what the problem could be. I wonder if it would have extracted fine if I didn't do the repair. The movie is really not worth the time and bandwidth to further investigate, but it could help figure out a future problem.

Thanks for the help.

4. Newsgroups   -   #4
    shaina's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by MacGyverSG1 View Post
    Do you remember which file gave the error? I manually download, repair (if necessary) and extract. I saw one block was needed to fix and grabbed the par file and then repaired. Then I tried to extract and it gave me an error on .r20 (not sure if that is the file that got repaired). I checked the time stamps on the files, but that didn't help. I'm more curious to what the problem could be. I wonder if it would have extracted fine if I didn't do the repair. The movie is really not worth the time and bandwidth to further investigate, but it could help figure out a future problem.

Thanks for the help.
    As i said MacGyver (Maybe i didn't explain it well), when you usually see that type of error, you usually need a password to unlock that RAR file..

And i know winrar usually pops up that it needs a password to extract, but if you use SABnzb it does it automatically

Again just do what i said in the PM and yes it the place now should be up for the foreseeable future

My Pleasure and glad i could help Buddy..

Shay

5. Newsgroups   -   #5
    It's not a password issue. "Packed data checksum error in untouchables-dead.awake.2010.1080p.mkv. The volume is corrupt. untouchables-dead.awake.2010.1080p.r20." I have no idea how SABnzb does things. I use Newsleecher and Forte Agent to download files. I always do the file checking and extraction manually. Fully automated apps tend to f*ck things up. I already grabbed a different post at a.b.movies and it extracted fine.